Monday, August 20, 2012

Dance In The Rain

Hi everyone!  sorry I was missing in action a couple of days last week.  I had some really long days at work Thursday and Friday.  My boss's youngest daughter stayed with me at work all day both days while her mom was busy running errands.  She is the sweetest little girl, but it still makes for a long day doing your usual work and entertaining a six year old all day long!  We played with her stuffed animals, we colored, we played Chutes and Ladders, we made a car out of a cardboard box for her stuffed animals to ride in, we watched a movie on Netflix, we made animals out of clay, we drew and colored all of her stuffed animals and stapled them into a book, we sang songs, and then we did it all over again!

I spent the weekend recuperating from Thursday and Friday, doing my grocery shopping, doing my cooking, gave Riley a bath and a trim, and we also did a fair amount of playing and taking walks because the weather was GORGEOUS!

Sunday I got some time to make a few cards and played along in Friday's Copic marker challenge at the Outlawz.  The theme of the challenge was Splash - something water related.


I used an image by Mike Eustis called A Wee Bit O' Rain.  The sentiment is also available at Squigglefly HERE.   I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky and ground.  I added stickles to the rain fall and crystal lacquer to the puddles.  I also added some little rain splash rain dots.

There's a fun, new challenge on Squigglefly's blog today, so be sure to take a look and try to make some time to play along - it's a great one to check out too because the theme is favorite new or old techniques  - so you just might learn something new to try!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow Holly, I"m exhausted thinking about how you spent your work week! You card is so cute, love the fun background. The image is adorable and the puddles look like puddles!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Too, too adorable!

Dixieglitzie said...

my goodness holly, after reading about your thursday and friday...i need a nap! lol
this is the cutest card! your coloring is sooooo very pretty. love the sparkling rain too:)

Linda W. said...

Ahhhhh you had a rough week dear! But your card is absolutely gorgeous! Saw you at Outlawz and put my own up as well!

Linda said...

Wow you are the best worker ever. What a lucky little girl. She is going to be begging to go to work more often. LOL
Love the card!

Niki said...

Great card. Good thing you could rest up over the weekend, work sounds doubly hard last week.

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute card, I love the image. Great job with the chalks. I like the layout, too. I use to have my boss's daughter come in to work with him some times. She fired me. LOL I told her that her dad would be mad when I did not come to work the next day. I still tease her about that.

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, I love this layout and your colouring and embellishing! Sure looks wet on that card...LOL! Love it all!
Hugz2u!

Lisa M said...

Awwwwwww....so cute!!!