Thursday, August 30, 2012

Friday's Coming!

Hi everyone!  I hope your week has been going well.  I've pretty  much been glued to the weather channel the last couple of days watching the Hurricane Isaac coverage.  I don't know how they  manage to make watching weather interesting, but they do!  I think it's kind of eerie how this hurricane made landfall 7 years to the day after Hurricane Katrina.  Thankfully this one doesn't seem to be as big, but there is still a lot damage from winds and flooding, not to mention being without power!  The storm is making it's way to Arkansas and is supposed to bring us lots of rain which we desperately need.  This afternoon is when they are saying we will start seeing some rain and it's supposed to last all day tomorrow.  The one thing that would be great with an all day rainfall is if I were off work and able to play at home!

The Clean and Simple Challenge at the Outlawz on Sunday was an "animal" theme.    There are a ton of animal images at Squigglefly, but I opted for something that needed little coloring since it is a clean and simple challenge after all.

I ended up using the Up A Tree Without A Ladder image drawn by Lynne Stansbery.  I think raccoons are really cute, but I don't like seeing them in our yard because I'm afraid Riley will tangle with one and I know if that happens the raccoon will win!  They can be vicious, but this little guy looks far from vicious to me!



I printed the image and the sentiment at the same time.  The coloring was done with a combination of copic markers and colored pencils.

Wishing you a great day, and thanks for looking!




8 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is as cute as can be and that little raccoon is colored so perfectly. Why do these rascals look so cute on paper, but IRL are little demons? :)

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable Holly! The sentiment is perfect! Hope you get your rain but no wind damage or loss of electricity! Stay safe.

Scrappy Scatty said...

wonderful - I love love love this xx

*Vicki* said...

This turned out adorable Holly!! :) Perfect image for your CAS design and such a fun sentiment!!

jperr said...

Holly,your card is so beauitful.
Jocelan

Dixieglitzie said...

what great coloring holly...love the "furry" fur:)

Dawn Frost said...

Holly I love your colouring! I have prisma markers AND pencils and I really would like to use both. After seeing your raccoon I must give them a try.

sassy said...

wo love this cute card isnt he a sweetie...perfect sentiment im have a blog from a friends blog and found you love the canvases too think *i will hang around * and see more sassyx