Friday, August 24, 2012

Have An Ice Day

Happy Friday! I don't have anything special planned for the weekend, but I'm always happy to have Friday arrive. You have GOT to see this card made by Christina Hobson using the Did You Say Facelift? image by Lynne Stansbery. It's just hilarious! The expression on the lady's face lends itself to so many fun sentiments. She has certainly been showing up on a lot of cards lately. I don't have a funny card to share with you today, but I do have a cute one!



This is Ice Skating Maisy and is drawn by Diane Carubia.   I made it a Z fold card and the sentiment, which is computer generated, holds it closed.  All of the coloring was done with Copic markers.  I used a little bit of a silver gel pen on the blades of her ice skates.

The snow flake is a punch that I covered with glitter and I dotted some stickles on the external points and the center.  I also stickled around the sentiment.   I really like how this turned out.

Have a great Friday, and thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Linda W. said...

Maisy is just a sweetie, Holly! And a Z fold - I forgot about them! And again I come away inspired from your blog!!! Have a super day - with NO ICE!

bumblebee creations said...

Gorgeous card Holly-I was looking at that image just the other day=love it!!

Sharon Jones said...

Such a cute z-fold card, Holly! And you rock the colouring and her blonde hair! Great card!! ;D

Lisa M said...

I fell over laughing when I saw that card with facelift lady..LOL. I just saw your card on my blog roll and had to run over and check it out. She's gorgeous and the fold is very attractive. I love the color combinations along with the snowflake. It's perfect. :)

Suzy said...

Mmmm doesn't that just make you dream of the winter we never got this year??? Bring on fall!!

Tammy said...

Christina card using the Facelift are hysterically funny! Your card today is absolutely adorable and your coloring is perfect! Pretty background!

luvmycards said...

Holly what a neat neat image-the SF artists are great! Love the Zfold you did-very inspiring!!
Carolyn

Becky said...

OH Holly, this is so cute! Great coloring and love the design paper. love how you in the colors on the sentiment too. :)

Reflections from Granny said...

She's a cutie and I'm almost tempted to say, I welcome the snow and cooler weather this year.

Hugs, Lori m

Fawn Palmer said...

Holly, this card is so stinkin' cute! I adore the yellow, light blue and touch of lime green together! It's "sun shiny warm yellow" with the fun of the "ice blue" all at the same time! And the image is adorable! Looks like you've done it once again! Bravo!