Monday, August 13, 2012

Into Every Life A Little Rain Must Fall

Hi everyone! Sorry for my absence, but as I told you, I got behind last weekend and really didn't have anything left to share with you! Luckily I did find time to play so I'll be having something to share with you each day this week! The Perseids meteor shower was going on over the weekend, and Saturday night my husband and I drove out to a friend's farm to get away from the city lights, threw some blankets in the back of his pick up, and spent some time star gazing. We did get to see quite a few meteors, but not as many as I had hoped for. The press had been predicting about 50 an hour! It was still a beautiful night - the temperature was about 65!

 We got a little bit of rain one day last week. It wasn't a lot, but it was so welcomed! A little bit a cool front followed which accounts for the great cooler night time temperature we had on Saturday night. The day of the rain there were a lot of people here that were feeling like the lady in the Blessed Relief image that artist Lynne Stansbery drew



I used Copic markers to color her. I used some chalk in the background and a little bit of stickles. The sentiment is computer generated. The paper is some digital paper from Sassy Designs, Inc.  A lovely image to color!

If you've got any time to play today, there's a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog!  Enjoy your Monday!

10 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

She is truly gorgeous! I can feel the rain!

Tammy said...

Beautiful card and wonderful sentiment! The rain looks real! Sounds like a fun evening stargazing. Hope you have a great week!

wannabcre8tive said...

A pretty card and an awesome job coloring this image. Anddddddddd, we are getting a little rain this morning. Hope you got it at your house, too.

Linda said...

We got rain too and it was wonderful. Things are starting to turn green again and the temp are good enough to open the windows.
Love the card!

Shawna said...

What a beautiful card! Your coloring is fabulous and that background paper is the perfect choice!

Lisa M said...

I would be the moron dancing in the puddles in the middle of the street! I think your card is so refreshing and absolutely inspiring with the image and perfect sentiment!

Linda W. said...

Holly - I love that image. That bg paper is to die for too - just perfect with the image! And of course ole HWL said it all!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Holly.

I've been praying for rain. I'm happy you got some AND got to take time out for the meteors.

I'll pray for more rain.

Terri
Brat

Scrappin Sista said...

Very nice!!!

Sharon Jones said...

Beautiful image and I am so impressed with your colouring, my friend! Absolutely stunning card!
So glad you and hubby got to see some of the meteors...
Hugz2u!