Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Just because it's sweet,clean, and simple

Hi everyone! I've got a card to share, but not much else! Sometimes it's a good thing to not have a lot of news! This card is for two challenges. The Splitcoast Stampers Clean and Simple Challenge has the theme Summer Treats and I think watermelon is one of the top summer time treats there is! The Outlawz Greeting Card challenge has the theme Just Because, and I think sending someone a card "just because" they're sweet is a great reason to send a card!



The watermelon is from artist Deena Perreault and is called Sweet Watermelon. I colored the watermelon with Copic markers and then used a black multiliner pen to go over the seeds. I cut the watermelon out and popped it up a bit with some small pop dots. The sentiment was computer generated and then cut out with a word window punch from Stampin Up! I lined up one edge with the white layer and chopped it off and attached a black brad to the other end. After that it was just a matter of picking out some cute papers and ribbon! Enjoy your day, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Linda W. said...

Very cute and fun card Holly! Here in the Midwest watermelons are coming in fast and furious - and I totally love to indulge! Luv your card!

Tammy said...

Sweet card Holly, just remember to be careful not to swallow a seed because you know what happens then!

Suzy said...

I am impressed with you every single day. Not only do you make these absolutely beautiful cards (which I can't even manage most days) but you take these images that you color in!! You create these beautiful images from just the shell of the image. The color combinations that you create with your markers are just wonderful. Keep it up, Ms Holly, because your blog just keeps inspiring me every day to be as creative as I can be!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so cute and sweet. Love the coloring on the melon.

*Vicki* said...

This is a really SWEET card for sure Holly!! :) The CAS design of it is fantastic!! I am trying to get myself "back into the swing" of things and look forward to following you all on the SF challenges!! :) HUGS

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Oh this card is so adorable!! Love the watermelon.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

and the card says alot!!! it's fabulous. sooooo colorful!

hugs :)