Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Orange You Happy?

Good morning everyone! Well the kids are back in school most places so that should free up a little time for you to make a card or work on your scrapbooks now and then! I need to adjust the time I leave the house for work in the mornings because yesterday I was a little late because I got caught behind two school buses picking up children.

 I am on an orange kick lately. Not the fruit, but the color. I seem to pick that color a lot lately, and it's odd because orange really isn't a color I much like! I do like it paired with other colors though. I especially think it looks great paired with pink!

 Here's a card I did using orange! The image is one drawn by Fawn Palmer and is available at Squigglefly. It's called Scooter Girl, and I think it's such a cute image.



I used Copic markers to color her with. I clipped the corners of the paper and backed it with another piece of designer paper so it would show through where the corners were clipped.  Then I punched some flowers out of the same designer paper, dotted some stickles in the center,  and used them as embellishments.  The scalloped oval is also from the same designer paper.  The sentiment was computer generated and is also matted with a scalloped circle from the same paper!

I hope you do just what the card says and "have a happy day!"

12 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

She is sweet. I love orange and just do not use it enough. Maybe that is why I love to make fall cards, ya think? It might be the color palette.

Suzy said...

Orange paired with real has always been my favorite color combo!!

Suzy said...

Silly iPhone. Teal not real!

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute, I do like orange. That is a great image and you have colored it very nicely.

Sharon Jones said...

Beautiful card, Holly! I love orange, especially in fall colors...Hugz2u! Have a wonderful day today!

Crie Artezzanato said...

Lovely.

Val
www.crieartezzanato.blogspot.com

Shawna said...

Great card! Your coloring if superb and I love that background paper.

Linda W. said...

Just gorgeous Holly - luvin orange!

Niki said...

Great card, she looks like she's moving right along. I especially like the stickles on the flowers. I'll have to remember that.

Now that school is back in session, it takes me 3 or 4 minutes longer just to get out of my neighborhood. We have a middle school and high school on our street. Applause to the HS kids, they are more careful drivers than some of the parents rushing to middle school!

Dawn Frost said...

It seems like I've been gone forever, lol, I've been so busy this summer but I'm back for a little while, I hope! I've looked at all the posts I've missed they fantastic as always. I just LOVE the bulldog and boy your sister drew, gorgeous! I really like how you made the flowers from the same paper as the scallop oval, nice!

Lisa M said...

You must be the reason for the feeling of fall in the air, with all this orange!! I love it..your card AND the weather. LOL
Scooter girl is beautiful and great idea on the clipped corners.
hugs,
Lisa xx

Tammy said...

Love, love your card! I agree pink and orange is a great combo but then, I love orange!