Monday, August 6, 2012

Something Different



  Hi everyone!  I hope your weekend was a good one.  I had a great weekend, but I didn't get any cards made.  My mojo seems to have taken a vacation.  I did make a purse for my boss's daughter though.  A while back she came into my office wearing some jeans that had little flowers, peace signs, and smiley faces on them.  I commented to her that they would make a cute purse when she outgrew them.  She was really curious about how you would get a purse from a pair of blue jeans.  So I told her.  She then asked me if I would make her a purse and I told her I would.

Well several months have passed and I was thinking with school about to start, she would love to have a new purse for school.  She is at a great age for a cool blue jean purse - just going into 6th grade.  I went to Good Will and bought a pair of jeans for $2.00 and came home and cut them up and made her a purse.





 I found some fun fabric at Michaels that has peace signs, hearts, and smiley faces on it and sewed a little belt for it.  I added an iron on applique flower to the back pocket.  I can't wait to give it to her.  I think she will love it.



Today there is a brand new challenge on the Squigglefly blog. Be sure to take a peek at what Rhonda's Rascals have done and think about playing along with us! Have a great Monday! Holly

10 comments:

caroldru said...

Love the purse!! Great idea.

Linda said...

Oh what fun. All of her friends are going to want one. It turned out great.

Have a great Monday as well!

Shawna said...

I think she will love it, too, Holly! What a great project!

Tammy said...

Wow Holly, FANTASTIC! What a lucky little girl! If she doesn't like it, I know someone who would!

wannabcre8tive said...

Holly, that purse is as cute as can be. I love it.

bumblebee creations said...

Oh my goodness Holly- another super great idea!!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Very cute. I'm sure she will love it.

Brat

Lisa M said...

This is a FANTASTIC purse Holly!! I absolutely LOVE it. :)

Charlene Mitchell said...

Holly, this is fabulous! What an awesome gift for her! She will absolutely LOVE it and as someone else said, her friends will all want one too!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

wow! fab-u-lous!!! absolutely FABULOUS!

hugs :)