Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Eyes Have It

Hi everyone!  I hope August is treating you well so far.  the heat is still blazing upon us here in central Arkansas and I would love to have a rain that would last all day and soak this parched earth.

Yesterday the power at work went out and it didn't take long to get really warm in the office.  Luckily I was leaving early for an eye doctor appointment so I didn't have to suffer with it as long as I normally would have.    My eyes haven't changed a whole lot, but I am getting a new pair of glasses with the new high definition lenses.  I'm excited about them because they are supposed to really improve your eyesight and make things so clear that most people say "Wow!".  When I get them I'll let you know!

Speaking of eyesight is the perfect lead in to the card I have to share with you today.  I couldn't wait to color up this new image from Lynne Stansbery titled Did You Say Facelift?.  It's such a fun image to color and even more fun to come up with the perfect sentiment.


I used copic markers to color her with and I chalked around the background.  The sentiment is computer generated.  Here's the inside of the card for the punch line




There's still lots of time to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge this week.  It's a toughie though - use black, white, and grey on your card.  the design team has done a phenomenal job with this challenge, so it's definitely worth visiting the blog to see their creations!  I hope you can play along with them!

18 comments:

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ha Ha...no that is a riot! Great coloring!

Lisa M said...

Ohhh awesome! This image is a hoot! Best of luck with the new glasses. You do realize you'll see dust in places you never thought were there before...Hhahahaha ;)
Have a great day!
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Linda W. said...

Just love this image and you really nailed her coloring Holly! I hope the glasses make the difference - it is just terrible not to have the eyesight you want. I'll be asking for your opinion of the eyeglasses soon. :)

Shawna said...

Love this image and I LOVE the sentiment you added. Too funny!! Let us know how you like the high def lenses. Oh, and hug Riley for me, will ya? You haven't given a Riley update in a long time.

wannabcre8tive said...

What a cute card, I love the sentiment you came up with. This is a really fun image.

Sharon Jones said...

Amazing card, Holly, and I just adore the sentiments!!! LOL!!
Your colouring never ceases to amaze me at how well it looks!!
Good luck with the high def glasses! Give a big hug to Riley for me...ready to see her again! ;D

Linda said...

Hee Hee Lol you made my day. Great card Holly

Niki said...

Too funny! Love it.

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous drawing and a great card. You two are a great team. Of course I'm going to have to try keeping my eyes wide open like that. That's okay - people will just wonder what I'm surprised about.

I was really hoping you would get rain. We are back to expecting a cloudy 71 high today like yesterday. That's 23 degrees cooler than Sunday.

Praying for rain!

At my age with the youngest two 9 and 11, I would have to put Mickey Mouse ears on that gal and give her red hair with the caption thread lift or Disney Land, thread lift or Disney Land...

Tammy said...

What an absolutely riot! The inside sentiment is such a kicker! Too funny of a card Holly and you've colored the image perfectly!

bumblebee creations said...

very funny Holly-but sadly true!!

caroldru said...

Love this!!!!

Carol

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

funny!
great coloring as always.

we're on the same wavelength. i was thinking of you today too.

always good to see you.

hugs :)

Inger said...

Ha Ha love that image! :-D
Great coloring!
Have a lovely day.

Becky said...

OH Holly,,this is fabulous girl! Love the expression on her face, which you colored beautifully.

Maria Matter said...

too funny! Always love your style Holly!
have a great weekend!

Lori m said...

Love, love, love it, have a wonderful time, I just got back home from my trip on Saturday.

Enjoy, hugs, Lori m

Tonya said...

lol this is so funny!