Tuesday, August 14, 2012

What A Hoot

Hi everyone! Man, yesterday really flew by for me. If the rest of the week goes by like that it'll be the weekend before I know it! Did you get a chance to go see what the design team did with the new Squigglefly challenge? Fabulous cards! You really need to go take a look!

 Sunday's Clean and Simple challenge at the Outlaw's was things with wings, and I went with this cute Whimsical Owl drawn by Diane Garrison.



My boss has a birthday coming up on September 1st and I thought this would make a cute card for him.  I computer generated the sentiment.  The image was colored with Copic markers.  I love having some of the image extend past the edge.

Speaking of my boss, he told me yesterday that he's getting a baby deer and asked if I would mind bottle feeding it some during the day.  I'm so excited!  He had a deer a few years ago that they raised from a week old.  I've seen pictures of  it and he said it was as tame as a dog and as much a part of their family.  I'll keep you posted with pictures!

I hope you have a great day, and thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Linda W. said...

Love the card Holly - great idea for the boss' birthday. I will be watching to see photos of that fawn. Very lucky gal to have a wonderful boss like that!

Shawna said...

Love your card! I raised lots of orphaned wildlife way back when, including several fawns. They are so precious and so difficult to keep wild if they are to be released. Good luck! And have fun!

Betty J Schaub said...

that sure looks likes a pretty wise old owl. love the coloring and the color combo.

bumblebee creations said...

awesome card!! How fun will that be?! Can't wait to see the pics!

Becky said...

Love it Holly. Love the background paper and embossing.

Tammy said...

Fun card Holly and the sentiment is perfect! Oh lucky you, a baby deer! Cannot wait to see pictures!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is super cute. What fun to bottle feed a baby deer for your boss!