Monday, September 3, 2012

Bubbly Holidays

Happy Labor Day everyone! Are you enjoying your long weekend as much as I am? I got errands done on Saturday and did my cooking yesterday, so today is devoted to playing and being lazy!

 Did you know that Squigglefly had a huge release of new images for the month of September on Saturday? You really need to run over and take a look at them. I will be showing cards with the new images soon, and the design team has already been doing so!

 You can several of their cards in today's new blog challenge which is a really fun one - Monochromatic!   That is one of the cards I plan to make today!   For now I've got a Christmas card to share.



This is one of Cheryl Alger's snowmen called Bubble Blower Snowman.  Isn't he cute?  I used Copic markers to color him with and a little stickles and Snow Tex for some sparkle and texture.   the "bubbles" around the sentiment are little bubbles that come in a pack like buttons.  I can't think of the name of the company right now.  I adhered them with crystal lacquer.  The sentiment is computer generated and printed directly on to the designer paper.

I thought the dotted ribbon went well with the dots on his scarf.  I used a white gel pen to color the dots in white after coloring the scarf.

Have fun with your day, and thanks for looking!

12 comments:

Linda said...

Vey cute!

Linda W. said...

This is just darling Holly! I have to get this image and some of those button bubbles as well! Beautiful work dear friend!

Shawna said...

Adorable! Love those bubbles.

Tammy said...

Ah, so adorable Holly! Love the speckled background, looks like pink snow! Sweet card!

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable card! Love the speckled background you used, looks like pink snow!

Anonymous said...

What a cute and beautiful card, thank you for sharing it Holly !

Dawn Frost said...

I love the bubble snowman Holly! Gorgeous background paper perfect for the bubbles!

debbie said...

love the bubbles.. and the snowman and the snow and the sparkles

Dixieglitzie said...

so adorable:)
snowman + bubble = smiles

*Vicki* said...

Holly, this is adorable!! Love the pink colors and your embellies are just perfect for your theme and image! :)

wannabcre8tive said...

So adorable, love the bubbles and the pink.

Seryna said...

Great color combination! I love the texture on the snow.
~Anne