Thursday, September 6, 2012

flowers for you

Hi all! It's hard to believe, but one year ago today is when I started my new job. A little over a year ago I was in such a flux! The company I had worked for so long was closing and I was job hunting and finding jobs that just didn't work out well for me. Finding this job is something I'm really grateful for.

 It's also really hard to believe that it's September because the temperatures are so dang hot here! We've had triple digits every day this week! The weather man is promising cooler weather next week and I sure hope he's right!

 Today's card started off to be the card I was making for Squigglefly's monochromatic challenge, but I ended up putting more colors in there so I can't honestly call it monochromatic.



This cutie pie is an image drawn by Diane Carubia and is called I've Brought You Something.  I used Copic markers to color and chalked the background and green ground.  I then stamped some grass sprigs over the chalk.   The background paper is some really pretty fabric that I scanned and printed out, but my printer started running out of ink right at the end.  I still liked it enough to use though.  I twisted two colors of thread together to use as a tie.

There's still time for you to play in the monochromatic challenge if you feel like it!  I just can't seem to stop myself from adding other colors!  My cat is trying to tell me I've typed enough today so I need to go before he starts typing for me!


10 comments:

Tammy said...

Sweet card Holly. I'm with you on monochromatic, I always need another color! Cute picture of the cat!

Dixieglitzie said...

holly i remember when you were looking for a new job with just the right "fit"....i'm so happy that you finally found your "happy place".
another pretty card holly:)

wannabcre8tive said...

Awww, this is so sweet, love the image. Yep, it looks like the cat was ready to start typing when he fell asleep.

Linda W. said...

Luvin' that card too - how neat of a bg paper! Kudos to the kitty!

Shawna said...

Cute card! And I didn't know you had a cat ---- what's that sweetie's name?

Sharon Jones said...

Beautiful card, Holly! He's so cute! So glad your more comfy now in your job...hope it really lasts for you. Kitty was having such a good time, it wore him out! ;D
Have a wonderful day and try to stay cool...know what you mean by those high temps; same here, too! ugh! ;D

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! Your kitty looks very relaxed on the keyboard!! :)

This card is just adorable! I love this image and your blue colors are perfect Holly!! So glad that you've got yourself situated with job my friend!! Blessings!

Reflections from Granny said...

Adorable teddy and cute card, your kitty is gorgeous, love how peaceful to be sleeping with the paw on your keyboard.

Hugs, Lori m

Linda said...

Ahhh so sweet! The card and the Kitty!

Charlene Mitchell said...

This is super sweet Holly! Congrats on the 1 year job anniversary too!