Thursday, September 27, 2012

Goody Goody!

Hi everyone! Thank you for all the good wishes on our new dog. He is settling right in and Riley is trying to be welcoming but we still have to watch them. Last night is the first time he actually showed any interest in playing with one of Riley's toys. I think Riley would love it if he chased her! One thing I forgot to mention yesterday is about the other dog that was with him when they showed up as strays at our house. I decided that we would sponsor her until she was adopted. If you sponsor a dog, you basically take care of their needs while they are at the shelter so that they are not destroyed. Well, when I stopped by the shelter to take care of that I was told that she had been adopted out to Paws For Prisoners! I was so glad to hear that. She will be taken care and trained by a prisoner which will in turn help him in his rehabilitation. Isn't that wonderful news? Today I have a Christmas card to share with you. the image is one by Siobhan Harrison called Christmas Goody Bag.  Looks like there are lots of goodies in this bag!



I colored with Copic markers and added some liquid applique around the trim of the bag.  The sentiment was computer generated, but I used the Dotted Circle Sentiments by Jess Holland to frame it.  I just changed the color of it to red before printing.    I love the rich colors of the paper I used and the sparkle was just enough!

There's still time for you to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge!  It's a fun one this week - just decorate your corners in some way!  You could win any image of your choice if you use a Squigglefly image.  There are tons to choose from and freebies too if you don't have any.  You can even wait to use your prize on one of the new October releases!   

6 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm so happy to hear things are going well between the new pup and Riley, I knew they would! Glad to know the other pup has found a home even if it's short term. Love your adorable card, such a cute image and the paper you used is fabulous!

Reflections from Granny said...

Just adore this card, picture perfect and fantastic news on the other furry baby being adopted out so quick.

Wonderful for both her and who she'll be working with.

Hugs, Lori m

Sharon Jones said...

Yay, Holly, that's such good news about the other pup as well as helping the prisoner! I love it when there are happy endings!
Your card is so beautiful! And I so love that dp!
Hugz2u!

wannabcre8tive said...

Loved this pretty card. Gorgeous paper and cute image.

Glad the dogs are doing well together. I was a foster to my Sawyer (boxer) when he came here, but after a week, I knew he was not going anywhere else, I was too attached and so was my dh. :)

bumblebee creations said...

Awwhhh... that was so sweet of you Holly!! I am glad she is helping someone out! Love your card-your coloring is always super great!!

Faith A said...

A lovely xmassy card Holly, love it.

What a wonderful thing for the other dog, I'm so glad all turned out well with both of them.