Saturday, September 8, 2012

I'm Giddy I Made The Challenge!

Hi everyone! I hope you're having a really good weekend.  We had a really big storm last night with lots of rain and lots of lightening too.  We lost power for a bit.  This morning when I got up the weather was WONDERFUL!  After several triple digit days - and it was still 90 degrees at midnight - waking up and having temperatures in the mid sixties was like heaven!  I am hoping last week was the last of our summer heat.

Well, I finally did it - I created a monochromatic card for the Squigglefly blog challenge! Nothing like getting it in at the last minute! Tomorrow is the last day for this challenge. We have had so many great entries that I got inspired. This funny little green guy is one of the Dweeblinks from the imagination and drawing pen of Keith Williams, Squigglefly's newest artist. This particular Dweeblink is named Giddy. I just love the face he's making.



I colored with Copic markers and added some googley eyes for even more fun.  My papers are digital ones and I finished it off with some checkered ribbon.  I haven't decided on a sentiment, but I'll add something on the inside for sure before sending it off.

I was able to play a lot in my craft room today.  Tomorrow will be spent getting my meal preparation done and doing a little house cleaning and straightening up, but I'm sure I'll find a little more time to make a card or two!

12 comments:

*Vicki* said...

LOL!!! What a fun image and I love those google eyes Holly!! :) Such perfect green tones for this image!! HUGS

Lenoria said...

This is such a cute card, I laughed out loud when I saw the little green guy! Thank you, I needed this!!

Dixieglitzie said...

yep, u made me giggle too with those adorable googly eyes. great job holly:)

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

This little googlie eyed cutie, will sure give someone a smile!

Shawna said...

Love those eyes!!! So glad you have cooled off.

Linda W. said...

You made me giggle too! I love the bright colors! And I'm happy your triple digit days have moved on!

Lisa M said...

OMG!! I love it. It's the same face I make every morning before coffee. :)
The paper and coloring REALLY compliment this awesome image. :)

Linda said...

Giggle Hee LOL this is soooo cute!
Happy your weather is coming around. Fall is in the air.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Holly, this is fabulous! I LOVE this image - I have 2 of these guys now! Green and orange suit him perfectly and love your monochromatic card!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, I love him in green.

Carol said...

So adorable!

Carol said...

Adorable!