Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Introducing...

Introducing our newest family member


We haven't officially given him a name yet, but we are leaning toward Baxter. Riley was pretty good when we first brought him home, but we have to feed them separately. He is really good with our cat though! He had a really big day yesterday. He was neutered at the animal shelter, picked up by me and brought home only to be taken to our vet later. They gave him a bordetello shot and scraped some stuff from his skin to see what's up with the skin condition and did some other poking and prodding. After all of that he got to come home and eat dinner. Tomorrow I have to bathe him in a special medicated shampoo and let it sit on him for at least fifteen minutes and then I have to scrub as much of the scabby stuff off of him as I can (yuck!) I'm not looking forward to that part at all. The vet says he about two years old and she thinks he's a mixture of sheltie and something else, but she can't decide what that something else is yet. Thanks for all of the good wishes! I'll be back with a card tomorrow.

14 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

awhhh.... he is so cute! Baxter is a fun name-I like it a lot! Have fun with the bath-hopefully it will make his skin better!

Sharon Jones said...

He is a sweet one, Holly, and yes, he looks Sheltie+ . I used to breed Shelties when I was younger and got a blue ribbon pup from the first litter!
I love the name Baxter!! Let us know how he fares with his skin problem.
Hugz2u!

wannabcre8tive said...

He is so cute and looks very well behaved. He is a lucky boy and is going to love his new home.

KKiefer440 said...

Good luck with your new puppy. His eyes say it all.. he is so lucky to have found you for his forever home! Hugs!

Maria A. said...

WOW!!!!! he is a beautiful and lucky little doggie. God Bless you for your kindness. You and your family will be rewarded by years of loyal and unconditional love.
Maria.

andrea stamps said...

Adorable! Love the name Baxter!!!

Betty J Schaub said...

I was thinking Cooper. But Riley and Baxter sound cute together. Hope Riley becomes comfortable with him and they become fast friends!

Niki said...

Cute pup I'm sure he'll love his forever home.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Congrats! Hope the boo boo's turn out to be a simple fix. He is quite handsome!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

I hope Riley and Baxter will be the best of friends. Baxter is a cutie; I see why you couldn't resist!

Terri / Brat

Dixieglitzie said...

that is one sweet face:)
we've been thinking about getting Remi a little brother or sister. i love his "maybe" name...kinda hopes it sticks. also hope that riley and the newbie become great friends. congrats!!!

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

oh u r good. i have 1 dog and i find it not only expensive, but she really wants all of my time. but 2? i would shoot myself!

he? she? adorable. and i love the name BAXTER!

hope all else is well. sorry haven't been around much. life just takes its turn i guess.

hugs :)

Reflections from Granny said...

What a handsome guy he is, Congrats on your new family member.

Hugs, Lori m

Faith A said...

I love him already, hope all goes well with the shampooing etc, not nice to do, but I'm sure he will appreciate it.,