Monday, September 24, 2012

Pumpkins & Apples

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend was a good one. I managed to get a little crafting time in, but not as much as I had hoped. We spent some time getting things ready for the new member of household. He will be joining us tomorrow night. poor little guy is going to have big day tomorrow - he's getting neutered, picked up, taken to our vet, and then home to his new family! Hopefully Riley will be welcoming. My biggest hope is that they become great friends before long. We still have to decide on a name for him too!

 I can tell you that it doesn't take long to get out of practice when you haven't made a card in over a week! Unfortunately it shows in the card I'm sharing with you today.



Don't let my coloring throw you off of this gorgeous Apples and Pumpkins image drawn by Lynne Stansbery! I used colored pencils and I'm really not happy with the way it looks at all. I just didn't have time to make another one, but I will be using this image again with my Copics and hopefully do it justice!

There's a new challenge on the Squigglefly Blog today!   Be sure to go take a look at what Holley's team has done!  Play along and you could win any image of your choice!

Speaking of prizes,  I have a picture of the prize I'll be offering on the Squigglefly blog hop which takes place October 5th.   We will be showcasing October's new images and several of us are offering prizes.  My prize is for the  hop and also to celebrate reaching over 500 followers!  Here is what is in my prize package:

1 11x8 cutting pad
1 wood mounted floral rubber stamp
1 package of card making embellishments by Recollections
1 package assorted glittered flower stickers by Recollections
1 package dog related stickers for cards or scrapbooks by Craft Essentials
1 package of assorted paper flowers by Recollections
1 package of assorted crocheted and lace trims by Recollections
1 package of assorted shaped pearls by K & Company
1 package of two rolls of washi tape by Recollections
Hole punch tool for 1/16", 1/8", and 3/16" holes by Making Memories (I love this tool!)
AND - drum roll here
24 Twinkling H2o paints in assorted colors!  That's worth hopping for isn't it?







8 comments:

Tammy said...

Your card is beautiful Holly, you are too critical of your fabulous cards! Can't wait for pictures and stories about the two pups.

Linda W. said...

I agree with Tammy - I'm always peeking into your blog every post! And I love those pencil colors for the apples! Welcoming the new babies - we too will be waiting for that first photo with Riley! :)

wannabcre8tive said...

Love this image and your coloring is beautiful.

bumblebee creations said...

Holly - whether you are happy with it or not-your coloring is Fantastic, and I love your card! Good luck with the pup tomorrow-can't wait to hear more! Great candy!

Reflections from Granny said...

Your cards are always so pretty and beautiful.

Congrats on the soon, new addition to your family. We've always had two dogs, I usually adopt from shelters also, seems for us one dog helps the other over come something and they become best friends.

Looking forward to the new videos...

the "Adventures of Riley and ??"

Hugs, Lori m

Carol said...

I think your coloring is great. I like the way it looks! Great job! Look forward to hearing about your new baby and Riley. Carol

Carol said...

P. S. My birthday is Oct 1st. Wow wouldn't your giveaway be a nice birthday present! :0) Look forward to the hop. Carol

Faith A said...

Wow that's some prize,

Can't see anything wrong with the card, it's great.