Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Special Teaparty

Hi everyone! Today is a very special Mothermark Teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers. Our cards are going to a special lady who is having her 110th birthday! Can you believe that? Anyway, we are all to bring birthday cards and here's mine.



I used Mike Eustis's adorable Stud Muffin image and colored it with Copic markers.  I used a little chalk around the candle flame and added some yellow stickles.  The sentiment is my much used and loved Birthday Wishes from Jess Holland and was printed at the same time as the image.

I have a yellow polka dotted background which means I can enter this in Squigglefly's blog challenge which is to use Polka Dots!  Your polka dots can be in the image, or in the patterned paper you use, or embossed - whatever kind of polka dots you'd like!  It's a fun and easy challenge so I hope you'll play with us this week.  I am also entering this in the Outlawz Greeting Card challenge which has a sewing theme, and buttons count as a sewing item!

I see I reached 500 followers and I'm so excited!  I will be having a special giveaway to celebrate soon - just have to go shopping and pick out the goodies!


9 comments:

Tammy said...

Fantastic card Holly! Love the pretty color combo and of course, the image is perfect! Wow 100 years old, cannot image!

Linda W. said...

How awesome! 100 a true milestone we would all love to achieve. I loved the entire card Holly, and as usual I always take away something new from your art. I see the cupcake image was die cut at angle. along with the vertical banners, very special, very pretty!

Reflections from Granny said...

Beautiful, love the bright colors, that lemon yellow, yummy card.

Hugs, Lori m

Shawna said...

Love the card you made for that special lady. Really like how you put your digi stamp in that angled oval and the strips overlapping a teeny bit. Very effective!

bumblebee creations said...

I love love love the colors on this card Holly!! Gorgeous!

luvmycards said...

Holly I love how the stud man was cut on the angle! Neat color combination too! She will love it!
Carolyn

Dixieglitzie said...

holly i am soooooo happy for you...500 followers-AWESOME!!!
...and what a darling bday card you have created. i know the bday girl will love it:)

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love the colors.

Carol said...

So cute!