Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Wee Winnie Witch

Hi everyone! Well yesterday we had Fall/thanksgiving and today we have Halloween! I love Halloween, but haven't made many Halloween cards yet this year. I know for sure I'll be making at least four for the kids in my life. This one uses Winnie Witch by Jan Beljo.

I think she's really cute and she was fun to color.  I used Copic markers and then chalked around the background.  The card was embossed with a spider web embossing folder on the top section and then I used some fun spider paper on the bottom.  After embossing the webs, I rubbed some opalescent paint on them to make them stand out more.

Today's the day we go pick up our new dog.  I'll get pictures as soon as I can and you know you'll be getting updates on how Riley acts!  Have a fun day!

7 comments:

Linda W. said...

I love the card and the idea of rubbing some H2Os on the embossed card - will try that Holly! Thanks and welcome home to your new sweetheart!

wannabcre8tive said...

How cute Winnie looks. Congratulations on getting your dog today. Hope it goes well.

*Vicki* said...

This is so adorable Holly!! Love that little witch!! ;)

Niki said...

Great card. Welcome home new pup!

Tammy said...

Hmm, don't think my first comment went through so I'll try again! Fun Halloween card, sweet image and I love the cute spiders. Can't wait to see pictures of the new pup with Riley!

Reflections from Granny said...

This is so adorable, what a cute, cute card.

Hugs, Lori m

Faith A said...

Love htis card and the colours.
My mother's name was Winnie, she hated her name saying it sounded like a horse neighing LOL. So insisted on being called Win.