Monday, September 17, 2012

What A Weekend!

Hi everyone!  Gosh what a weekend.  I did all of my errands on Saturday and intended to do my cooking on Sunday morning and  spend Sunday afternoon making cards.  Well, you know the saying "Man plans, God laughs."?    Well I'm sure he was laughing at me yesterday!

Yesterday I was stepping outside taking a break from my cooking when two dogs ran up to me.  They were the cutest little things!  One was a girl and looked like a beagle something mix.  She came right up to me and was so friendly and frisky.  She had another dog with her that was more timid and scared.  He was a boy and looked just like a miniature collie/fox!  Once he got up the nerve to let me pet him he was such a sweetheart!  He really captured my heart.  He was so vocal with me and we just connected.

I did bring Riley outside and let them get to know each other.  She had to prove she was the top dog, and let them know in no uncertain terms that this was HER house and we were HER people, but overall she did pretty good.  We ended up keeping them all day long.

We live right next to a church, and lady at the church came over.  She had seen them earlier in the day and she told me she worked at the Humane Society and she would come over after work to take them home with her and then to a shelter on Monday.  Before she even came back though Brock and I were talking about keeping the male.  The only reason we didn't is because both dogs had some kind of skin disorder that we didn't know what it was and whether or not it was something contagious that we should keep Riley away from.  I did tell her when she came to pick them up that I was going to contact them on Tuesday and let them know that if the owners don't come forward and he doesn't get adopted, that we would want him.

I took pictures, but I could only get a good shot of the girl.  Here she is



and here's the one I fell in love with ( please ignore my foot!)




anyway, needless to say I didn't get any crafting in!  That means I'll be woefully short on cards to share with you this week!

On the other hand, I did get to the store on Saturday and I bought a lot of fun things for my giveaway for reaching 500 followers!  I will be sharing that with you one day this week, so be sure to check back!  I got some good stuff - Michael's was having a fantastic sale!

I also want to remind you that a new challenge starts on the Squigglefly blog today.  Be sure to go check that out, and play along with us!

9 comments:

Linda W. said...

Both dogs are just beautiful; can't imagine someone just leaving them off. Some people are totally cruel to animals - but luckily you were the one they ran to. Go get them both Holly!

Tammy said...

Oh dear me, they are both so sweet! I vote to keep them both if the owner doesn't come forward.

Shawna said...

Oh Holly ----- they are so cute. That little girl has the sweetest face. You should get both of them if no one claims them (and if they let those poor dogs go on with that skin problem with no care, they SHOULDN'T get them back!!)They were probably raised together and it would be so sad to break them up. Riley would love having a brother AND a sister, I am sure.:-)

bumblebee creations said...

Awwhhh... they are both so cute!! They sure knew how to pick the right house to go to!!! Good luck Holly-I know Riley keeps you on your toes already!!!

Reflections from Granny said...

Both dogs are beautiful, lol on Riley, she's not giving up her position, too cute.

I hope it all works out and you can adopt the male.

Hugs, Lori m

Dixieglitzie said...

awwwwwwww...they are precious:)

wannabcre8tive said...

Riley will love it if she gets a new play mate. My heart goes out to dogs like that. I hate when people just drop dogs and don't worry about what will happen to them. That is sweet that you want to adopt one of them.

Faith A said...

Aw! how lovely, hope they will be OK.

Reflections from Granny said...

Just dropping in to say hi, enjoy your weekend and I hope you get to adopt the cutie.

Hugs, Lori m