Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Why I Laugh

Happy Hump Day, and today is a very special Happy Birthday to my best friend today. I'm glad too because now she can quit teasing me about being older than her!

 It's not often I make a card that isn't going to be sent to anyone, but today I have a card that I will not send to anyone because it's made for a brother to send to a brother, and I don't have any brothers! You may be asking yourself why I made it, and really I did it because I just liked the image and wanted to color it.

 I toyed around with some captions for this image instead of a sentiment, and I may some day re-do the card with a caption and end up sending it. The reason I didn't use a caption is because each caption I ran across people just got me blank stares, so I thought my captions must suck! I'll share some of my caption ideas and let you judge for yourself, but first let's look at the card



The image is one called Up To No Good and is drawn by Lynne Stansbery. I colored it with Copic markers and chalked the background.  The sentiment was computer generated.

 Now look closely at the expression on the boys faces.  To me it looks like they were cutting up laughing when someone delivered some shocking news.  The news sinks in a little quicker on the boy on the right so you can see his dumbfounded expression. The other little boy is just starting to register the news.

So I thought a caption such as "the day Timmy and his brother found out there is no Santa Claus"  or "Jimmy's little brother always picked the worst time to fart."   Okay, now that I see them typed out like that I guess they aren't that funny!  If you know someone who would like this card, drop me an e mail at usyungs@gmail.com and I'll mail it to you!    I'm also giving you the sentiment in case you can use it.  Just click on it and then right click to save.




Hope you have a really great day!



7 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely fantastic card and the sentiment is perfect! Such silly little brothers!

LaVerne said...

I always laugh at your captions. They are the funniest! The expressions on the little boys faces is priceless.

Shawna said...

WHY I LAUGH --- because I read Holly's blog, that's why! You are too funny. Personally I loved the one about Santa Claus, but that's just me. Have a great day!

Linda W. said...

You are a one stop shop for laughter Holly! I love those little brothers! Thanks for the sentiment - I really appreciate that!

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Great card, Holly! I can see my DD saying that to my DS! HA!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow! What an adorable card!! Love that sweet image and the sentiment is so fun! :) I have a stamp with these same words and I like to use if for my brother's cards!! LOL!!

Thanks for sharing!! HUGS

Dixieglitzie said...

HiLaRiOuS!!! yep, u crack me up holly:) thank u for the brother sentiment...gonna put it to use for my brother.