Friday, October 26, 2012

Beehive Yourself!

Hi all! Happy, happy Friday! The weather has changed and we have a great, cool forecast for this week! I'm so happy about that!

 I have gotten sorely behind on my birthday cards, so I've been trying to make up a few. This one was particularly fun to make because I loved coloring this Beehive Beauty drawn by Fawn Palmer.



I used Copic markers and added a bit of glitter to the bee's wings.  The sentiment I used comes with the image as do several other fun ones.  The background paper is using some left over that I had punched with one of the Martha Stewart anywhere on the page punches.  I then embossed the card and the un-punched part of the paper with a swirly embossing folder.

You still have time to play in Squigglefly's challenge, and I can tell you that the last time I looked there wasn't anyone who has qualified to win, so your chances are good if you play along.  It's totally worth it because you can pick anything you want from Squigglefly's amazing inventory - even a set, which is a great deal!  If you don't have a Squigglefly image to use, there are a lot of great freebies!

Have a great weekend, and I'll see you on Monday!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely fabulous Holly! Love her hair! Great card for a birthday.

Becky said...

This is so cute, love the bee-hive hair do :)

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, I love this image.

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, I love this image.

Lisa M said...

hahahahahaha...you always make me laugh. I love this CARD!! OMGosh that expression. Thank goodness this hairstyle hasn't come back yet..LOL!
Terrific card Holly :)

Anonymous said...

simply dropping by to say hey