Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Clean and Simple Autumn

Hi everyone! I have a card and a Riley/Baxter video to share with you today! They have been really getting along well! Baxter is learning the art of playing and getting our routines down and overall fitting in to our lives! His skin condition is improving and he's gained about five pounds since he came to live with us. He had a vet appointment last night and she said he looks great! She has cut his baths down to one a week!

 My card is one I made for the Clean and Simple challenge on the Outlawz site. The theme of the challenge is Autumn and I chose to use the Three Little Pumpkins image drawn by Fawn Palmer for Squigglefly.





I love coloring these pumpkins! It's fun to make them each a little lighter or darker and they are great images to practice your highlighting and shading on. You can make the light source come at a different angle each time you color! I cut these out and then popped them up on a background that was made with one of the Martha Stewart anywhere punches.  I added some little yellowish pearls to the center of some of the medallions.

The Happy Thanksgiving is another beautiful calligraphy quote available at Squigglefly and is drawn by Roann Mathias.  I scored a line above the sentiment and placed the background over the scored line.  It's a clean and simple card, but so elegant I think!

Okay, here's the promised video.  I hope you enjoy it, and if you can't see it in my blog you can view it directly at Youtube HERE.




7 comments:

Tammy said...

Beautiful card Holly! I agree, very elegant and the pumpkins are colored to perfection! Another fun video of Riley and Baxter, soon they are going to want an agent!

Anonymous said...

Always love your Cards, they are sweet,cute and WOW ! Thank you for sharing.
Lillian

Shawna said...

Lovely card! Thanks for sharing the Riley and Baxter video -- Burger and I loved it! He watched very intently!

Linda W. said...

What a beautiful CAS card Holly - totally gorgeous! I too am a lover of those pumpkins - someone needs to stall off Thanksgiving and Halloween so we can continue to use the pumpkins!

I loved the video too - those 2 are perfect for each other!

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, your card is beautiful! Love your colouring! And that bg is very pretty.
Teehee...loved watching those rascals play and run! Baxter has really adjusted very well, it seems! ;D

Fawn Palmer said...

I love how simple this card is, yet it is so beautiful! Your coloring is amazing!

bumblebee creations said...

gorgeous--love the background you have used with the pumpkin!