Monday, October 22, 2012

Clean & Simple Autumn

Hi everyone! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was pretty nice - the weather couldn't have been more perfect - well except for how they are predicting next week to be! I love this time of year, and seeing the Outlawz Clean and Simple challenge yesterday was to use the colors of Autumn, I had to join in!

 They gave us five colors to choose three from - Red, Yellow, Green, Brown, and orange. I chose Yellow, Orange, and Brown. Once I saw how many shades of yellow and brown there were in my Copic collection it was pretty easy to stick to those colors.



I used one of my favorite images by Lynne Stansbery called From Tiny Acorns and paired it with the lovely calligraphy Autumn by Roann Mathias. It's colored with Copic markers and chalked with a little yellow in the background.

There's a new challenge beginning today on Squigglefly's blog, and this card fits in perfectly with their Fall colors or Fall theme challenge!  I hope you'll join in the fun with us at Squigglefly too!

13 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely beautiful Holly! Gorgeous colors and fabulous coloring!

Linda W. said...

Oh my this is just the most beautiful autumn card Holly! Are you sure you don't live in WI where we see this a lot in the fall? :)
Glad to see your rocking art!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is awesome, I love it.

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

Beautiful autumn card and just perfect for the contest this week!! Thanks for playing along with the Hobbyists. Hugs, Holley

Lillian said...

What a really cute card !
I always love your cards, they are always clean cut and beautiful !
Thank you for sharing
Lillian

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Beautiful and elegant! Your coloring is perfect and the colors lovely!

Judy said...

Hi Holly,

What a gorgeous card!! I'm always for this type of card..clean and neat. Your coloring is awesome!! I'm new to card designing, and found you via The Outlawz, while looking for some inspiration. I hope to visit your blog often, and do hope you'll stop by.

xo
Judy

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

GORGEOUS card!!

bumblebee creations said...

I am loving this one Holly---I am gonna have to go get that image!!!

bumblebee creations said...

I am gonna have to go get this image---love it Holly!

Loster said...

Cute image - and the coloring was fantastic! I love the way you set off your image without overpowering it! TFS

Carolyn said...

Simply stunning Holly! I love both of these images! Inspires me to do more cards like this!
Carolyn

Lisa M said...

You are SERIOUSLY talented! This image is so realistic and vibrant looking. I absolutely LOVE how you color. A beautiful card Holly! :)