Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hoot! Hoot!

Happy Tuesday! Have you had a chance to see all the beautiful Fall cards the Hobbiests have done for Squigglefly's challenge? They are amazing! Please consider playing along with us!

 One challenge I played along in over the weekend is my favorite Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. I chose THIS fun card from Marcie's gallery to CASE. I used Happy Owl drawn by Louise Gardner. I just love how he's kicking his feet up!



I colored the image with copic markers and used some circles cut from scraps of designer paper in the background. The sentiment was computer generated and then I added some little flower shaped brads.  I found these fun googly eyes in different colors at Michaels a couple of weeks ago and thought two big green eyes on the owl would be perfect.

This would be a great card to send to someone for some accomplishment, but I will be using it for a birthday card.  I mean, some younger people still celebrate birthdays!  LOL!

On the personal front, things are going well with the dogs.  Baxter is getting used to more and more normal household sounds, but I don't think he'll ever get used to the blender, the can opener, or even the sound of the beeps the phone makes when you push the buttons!  He and Riley play really well, and are getting better at sharing chew hooves!

Work is going much smoother now with the new computers running smoothly.  I'm all caught up on the stuff I was behind on too!  I hope you all have a great day, and thanks so much for taking time to stop by my blog!

7 comments:

bumblebee creations said...

How super cute--another image I need to go get!

Niki said...

Wonderful card, love how the papers highlight the main image. I "need" to go to Michaels to find some of those eyes.

*Vicki* said...

LOL!! I really love those google eyes Holly!! Such a fun layout too!! HUGS :)

Linda W. said...

You have some remarkable ideas for card layouts! I just love this - I need to keep more of my dp scraps together and pull the punch routine like you did. And his green eyes - I've never seen them.d How cool is this whole card!

wannabcre8tive said...

How cute this is! Love the circles and the papers.

Tammy said...

Cute card and I love his goggly eyes! Glad to know things are smoothing out for you!

Lisa M said...

OMG..the eyeballs....I'm smiling from ear to ear over here. I love your card! The colors capture your attention and then those peepers...terrific card!