Monday, October 29, 2012

I Believe

Hi everyone! I hope your weekend was a good one. We had the most awesome weather over the weekend and I loved it. The dogs have a lot more energy too and they got in some good play time. I took a little time to film them playing in the field by our house so I have another Riley/Baxter video to share at the end of the post!

Today starts a new challenge on Squigglefly's Blog!  Prepare yourself to be inspired by the Rascals, and please play with us!

 Today's card is one I made for the Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper Challenge The card I CASED can be seen HERE I also entered this in The Outlawz Copic Marker Challenge which was anything goes this week.




My image is one called Kris Kringle by Marla Shega. It's a favorite image, and is a dream to color.  I printed the image out rather large and then cropped a lot of it away to imitate the image in the card I was CASING. then I had fun with embellishing it. I added gold embossing powder and crystal lacquer to the glasses, and a little bit of stickles on the beard. The word "Believe" was computer generated and printed at the same time I printed the image.

I clipped the corners of the red layer around the image and threaded some gold ribbon in the notches on the side.  It's mounted on top of a red layer that was embossed with snowflakes. I rubbed a little Real Red ink over the embossing.   I'm slowly adding to my Christmas card stash!

As promised, here's the video!  If you can't see it on my blog, you can watch it at YouTube HERE


      

8 comments:

Shawna said...

Love the treatment you gave Santa's glasses; those lenses look real! And thank for posting the video, Burger and I really enjoyed it. Burg looks at Riley like "What? She's playing so nice with Baxter............what's up with that? I told him to take note, lessons would be coming soon!

Niki said...

Wonderful card, you did a great job coloring. The lenses in the glasses are perfect!

Maybe you need 2 balls, save Riley's tail a bit. Looks like they are great friends, thanks for sharing.

niki

wannabcre8tive said...

Love this card, you have done a beautiful job. Loved the video of the pups. I got a giggle at Baxter hanging on to Riley's tail. TFS.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

absolutely gorgeous cards and 2 cute pups. 2 huh? i can't get used to 1. i hate the hair all over my house. good thing i have a bagless vacuum. but she's a doll ... smart and fun... and i'm glad she's son's, because when he leaves she goes with him. yeah, it'll break my heart, but.....

hope all else is good.

hugs :)

Tammy said...

Wonderful card for Christmas! Love the embossed eye glasses! I'll be back later, trying to get all my commenting done before we lose power!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Your card is really gorgeous - I love using this Santa image as well! I LOVED YOUR VIDEO OF RILEY AND BAXTER. RILEY WASN'T GOING TO GIVE UP THE TOY - NOT EVEN WHEN BAXTER WAS HANGING ONTO HER TAIL! I LAUGHED SO HARD I HAD TEARS RUNNING DOWN MY FACE. THANKS FOR SHARING!

Faith A said...

Love what you have done with this card Holly, his specs make him hop off the page, love it.

As for the dogs, I have never seen a dog pulled with his tail before, so funny, and they were clearly enjoying each others company, a great video, thanks for letting us see it.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love how you did this card Holly. Your colouring is perfect and those glasses are awesome! wow!

Enjoyed the video of your dogs playing! So funny and great how well they play together. You could almost get away with throwing the ball once and they could just chase each other for the rest of the afternoon! What fun! tfs