Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Let It Snow

Hi everyone and Happy Halloween! What's up with October anyway? The weeks seem to go by pretty fast, but the month has lasted forever! The last couple of nights the moon has been just gorgeous - a real Halloween moon! It's the kind of moon you can see the witch on her broom silhouetted against.

 Well, I feel silly talking about Halloween when I've got a Christmas card to share with you today. I guess I'm doing like the stores do and having witches and snowmen on the same shelves! My card today was made for the Sketch Challenge at the Outlawz.



This cute snowman is one of the new ones at Squigglefly from Fawn Palmer. I love his little jester hat! He is called Snowman Bird.  I colored him with copic markers and added a bit of glitter to his body.  There is fluffy snow made with liquid applique and the sky is chalked.  I thought having a bit of the circle cropped off at the bottom made it look like a snow globe.

The snowflake is from a couple of Spellbinder dies and I popped them up with pop dots then added some light blue stickles to it.  The ribbon was tied and then zapped with a heat gun to crinkle it up some. This was a fun sketch and one I plan on going back to again.

Have a great night and I hope you get lots of treats and no tricks!

6 comments:

sassy said...

what a superb card love the snowman.....hugs sassyxxx

Scrappy Scatty said...

Lovely card - love that image too xx

Shawna said...

Love the addition of the glitter and that cute snowflake. Very pretty! Go check out the full moon on my blog. Hugs to the dugs.

Linda W. said...

Very very cute! Love the snowman ON PAPER!

Loster said...

I love the papers and design you used - such a bright and colorful card with just the right amount of sparkle.

Tammy said...

Love your snowman card Holly! The image is super cute!