Monday, October 1, 2012

Simple Wedding Wishes

Hi everyone!  Well I had big plans for card making this weekend but I only manged to make two!  Hopefully I'll find some time after work this week so my blog isn't completely devoid of  something all week!

The card I'm sharing with you today was made for the Clean and Simple challenge at the Outlawz.   their theme is Anything Goes and I made a wedding card.  This will be going to my niece who is getting married soon.



The image is Here's to Anything by Lynne Stansbery.  I think this is such a versatile image!   I colored with Copic markers and added some stickles for bubbles over the glasses.  The sentiment was computer generated.  It says "Here's to many happy years.  Long on laughter, short on tears."  the inside says "Congratulations on your marriage!"

It's printed on a shimmery card stock and then cut out.  I notched the corners with a punch and added rows of gold stickers that were a gift from Charlene Mitchell (Thanks again Charlene!).    I popped this piece up on a card base made from the same card stock.

Today is a new challenge on Squigglefly's blog!  I hope you will be able to play along and I hope to be able to play along myself!

An update on the dogs!  We have made a lot of progress over the weekend.  Overall I am really surprised and pleased with riley.  She has been pretty good about the newcomer, there have only been a couple of spats and they are quickly forgotten.  Baxter is the name we did decide on and he seems to have already learned it.  He didn't seem to understand toys at all, but he's quickly learned.    Last night the two of them were even engaging in a game of tug or war with a toy.  We've gone to the park and for walks and all of that has gone well too.

The antibiotics and the baths have helped a lot with his skin condition.  He is doing great.  Here are some pictures.





Have a wonderful day!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Lovely card, your niece will be so pleased! I knew Riley would do well with another dog in the house, she's such a sweetie! Baxter is a fine name for this handsome boy!

Linda W. said...

Wonderful animal story this morning Holly! And I love your card!

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so pretty and well colored. Love the gold around it. Glad that Riley and Baxter is doing great together. Baxter looks so pretty now.

Anonymous said...

Cute card. The new addition is so very cute, he is so lucky to have found you and his new family.

Lillian

Shawna said...

Lucky, lucky Baxter! Love the name and am so pleased that Riley is doing so well with him.....wires can be pills around other dogs. Oh, and I love your card, too ;-) Very pretty!

bumblebee creations said...

awhhh....they look just about the same size and everything! Both are adorable! I love the card-as always, your coloring is amazing!!

*Vicki* said...

Such an elegant design Holly!! Love your gold edging!! Such a sweet pup too!! Thanks for the adorable birthday card my friend!! It brightened up my day!! :) HUGS

Faith A said...

Such a lovely looking dog, (actually they both are)I like the name Baxter :), so glad Riley is not too jealous of the incomer.

Faith A said...

PS sorry forgot to say, I like your card very much.