Friday, October 5, 2012

Stand Out At The Blog Hop

Hi everyone!  Today is the day of the big blog hop featuring projects made with images that will be released at Squigglefly tomorrow!  It's not only filled with lots of wonderful eye candy, but Squigglefly and several of the bloggers in the hop are giving away prizes just for commenting and hopping!  Squigglefly will be giving away FIVE of the images in the new release!  

The list of blogs participating in the hop are


The card I have to share with you uses a new image and sentiment from the talented drawing pencil of Lynne Stansbery.  Lynne's artwork is always a pleasure to color.  Her shading of the drawing makes coloring a breeze!   The name of this darling image is 
Always Do Your Own Thing and will be available for purchase tomorrow.  It comes with the sentiment too!




I love this sweet image and the Dr. Seuss quote couldn't fit it better!  It was colored with Copic markers and used some soft yellow chalk on the background although it's hard to see in the photo.  I used a border punch on the floral paper and then added some tiny pink pearls.    The sentiment was printed directly on to the striped paper before I stuck it on the card.

Now for my prize - I will be giving away
1 11x8 cutting pad
1 wood mounted floral rubber stamp
1 package of card making embellishments by Recollections
1 package assorted glittered flower stickers by Recollections
1 package dog related stickers for cards or scrapbooks by Craft Essentials
1 package of assorted paper flowers by Recollections
1 package of assorted crocheted and lace trims by Recollections
1 package of assorted shaped pearls by K & Company
1 package of two rolls of washi tape by Recollections
Hole punch tool for 1/16", 1/8", and 3/16" holes by Making Memories (I love this tool!)
AND - drum roll here
24 Twinkling H2o paints in assorted colors!





Be sure to visit and comment at all of the blogs for your chance to win!

   

33 comments:

Tammy said...

Fabulous card Holly, wonderfully colored! I agree, the Dr. Seuss's statement is perfect!

Lisa M said...

LOL...okay, second time to see this image and I just can't get enough. :) Holly, AWESOME job on your wonderful card....so inspiring and speaks tons of truth!
Super job on the hop.
hugs,
Lisa xx

wannabcre8tive said...

Your card is so adorable. Your coloring is fabulous. I love this image and you are so right about Lynne's artwork being easy to color.

bumblebee creations said...

I love this image--and the sentiment is so perfect for it!! your coloring is as always, perfect too!!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect card that surely speaks to all us crafters! We ARE all individual aren't we..Love the coloring and the touches of bling, edges, papers make it very special...like we all are. Thanks for reminding us with this cute card.
Carolyn

*Vicki* said...

Holly, you're right, this image is really adorable!! :) I love the soft colors you've used and I am a fan of Dr. Seuss as well!!

Wonderful blog hop and I really enjoyed seeing all of the lovely creations of the new images along the way!! Thanks for the fun today! HUGS

Linda W. said...

Oh Holly - so funny with Dr. Seuss now in our card making! I just love this image - and it is in reverse of another I saw along the hop! Love the colors of your card and the pink pearls - all so dainty girl like!

Elaine A said...

Oh my gosh Holly! This is just so darn adorable! You've done such a wonderful job with the coloring. Beautiful card!

Elaine Allen

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

What a delightful blog hop!! All the work on each DT member's blog was so wonderful. I just love that card on yours too, that would so be me in any ballet class, lol! Great work Holly. Cheers, Holley

Shawna said...

Love your treatment of this adorable image by Lynne Stansbery. Thanks for the blog hop ---- it was so much fun!

Sharon Jones said...

Holly, your card is SO cute! I just love that little girl on the end...she could have been my youngest daughter {LOL}! I also love your gorgeous colouring and pretty yellow background...perfect! Love the hop and the new vintage items!

Vicky F. AKA Crafting Vicky said...

Just love how you have colored this wonderful image. You are right the saying is just awesome with this!!!! Love it. I'm your newest follower! Will be looking forward to your next wonderful posts!

Craftyhugs said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card which fits in perfect with that cute image. The image would be great for any girl. I love your colours , the combination go great together. What fab talent I've seen through this blog hop and I've thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it and have been inspired so much. Thank you all for your time and sharing your creations! Hugs sharon xxxx

Pat said...

Gorgeous card, as ever, Holley! You always inspire me to go beyond myself!

Elizabeth Hart said...

Love the little ones all decked out in different colors - so cute.

Jamie said...

so cute i really love the sentiment though thats great! love the dr. lol.
-jamie
babyblueangel_30@yahoo.com

Vickie Kertz said...

Love the different colors of all the little dresses. This image and saying are adorable.

Kathy Bradley said...

I will be buying many of the digis tomorrow - they are all so wonderful! Your card is totally adorable and sweet, Holly! You've colored the little girls perfectly and the sentiment is awesome. Awesome card (and I'll be buying this image too)!

Snoopy said...

I love this card! That little girl SO reminds me of my niece, and your giveaway is AMAZING!!! I hope I win!

Hugs,
Snoopy :D
Snoopy's Homemade Fun

Melissa said...

Great card and love your coloring!

debbie said...

I hopped the hop... and the cards are just awesome.

Charlene Mitchell said...

Awesome image and you have coloured it perfectly Holly! Oh no, another one jumping into my shopping cart tomorrow! Fantastic card and awesome blog candy you are offering. I'm drooling over the H20's!

CherylP said...

Great card. TFS

Avril Ann said...

Holly I just love this image, always wanted to do ballet as a child, but never did, so devoured books about ballet dancers instead, so I must get this image, thank you for sharing xxx

Nikki said...

Love your card it was the 1st one I saw for the hop and it's my fave thanks for sharing it love your colouring hugs Nikki C

Nikki said...

Love your card it was the 1st one I saw for the hop and it's my fave thanks for sharing it love your colouring hugs Nikki C

sue morris said...

Hi Holly! I just love this image!! SO cute! and is SO true too! :P

Pat K said...

Love your coloring, love your background!

Lawren said...

I just love this image. Very nice card.

pickle said...

Absolutely beautiful...what a great image and you have made a lovely card with it! kerry x

Loster said...

Holly, of all the cute and adorable digis I've seen on this blog hop - you selected my favorite design for your card! I love this design soooooo much. I only hope that your designers can do a similar design for boys as I have five grandsons and the youngest one specifically fits the image. Thanks for putting this blog hop together, I've enjoyed all things Squigglefly ever since I found the site.

gocanucksgo said...

This card is soooo adorable! The sentiment is perfect as well. Keep up the great work =)

*Jellie* said...

The colouring of your card is amazing and I love the image and sentiment.