Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Thanksgiving Bounty

Hi everyone! Thanks for the comments on the dog video I shared yesterday. They don't always get along that great - there are some times where it seems we take three steps back for every one forward, but they are both good dogs and I at least know now that Riley won't kill Baxter! LOL!

 Today I've got a card that I made for the new challenge at Squigglefly's blog. Holley has everyone using specialty papers and I had some cool paper that was in a pack from K & Company that I just loved. It's kind of like vellum, but thicker and it has a sheen to it that I really like. I used it on the background of my card.


 

The image is Apples and Pumpkins from Squigglefly artist Lynne Stanbery. If you recall, the last time I used this image I colored it with colored pencils and I wasn't too happy with the job I did. This time I used Copic markers and I like it better. The sentiment is one called Thanksgiving and is by talented calligrapher Roann Mathias.

I sponged a little creamy caramel ink on the edges of the image panel as well as the sentiment.  I wrapped some brown ribbon around the designer paper and then tied a bow and popped the sentiment up.  One thing I really like about this paper is that even though it's translucent you do not see the tape holding it down!

I hope you'll play along in the challenge too!

8 comments:

Shawna said...

This is just beautiful Holly! That background paper is so perfect!

Linda W. said...

I was about to say the same thing as Shawna! Wow, I do love that paper! And your beautiful bow - you get a triple WOW WOW WOW! on this one Holly! ;)

Tammy said...

Beautiful and so perfect for Thanksgiving! Love the gorgeous background paper you used.

Anonymous said...

Hi There,

I was just popping in to see what's up. That card is gorgeous. The paper and beautiful ribbon look so good with the beautifully done image.

I saw Riley and Baxter playing too. How cute. I just love the sound of play growls!

Brat / Terri

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
What a beautiful and elegant card. Your coloring is wonderful, the ribbon is so lovely and the sentiment very pretty!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So very elegant and pretty. Love that ribbon too. Great card for this week's challenge. Cheers, Holley

*Vicki* said...

Holly, this is really stunning! Gorgeous coloring! :)

Loster said...

What a beautiful card - and great papers. I'd love to learn more about creating your bow. Thanks for sharing.