Thursday, November 1, 2012

Balloons for your birthday

Hi everyone! I hope you had a wonderful Halloween. Let me tell you about Baxter's terrifying Halloween. You all now that he's really skitterish and scared of a lot of normal household sounds. He barks at the can opener, the beeps the phone makes, the beeps the dishwasher makes, etc. He's getting better but he's still got a ways to go. Well yesterday my husband decided to clean out the chimney. Even though I've asked him not to get on the roof when I'm not home, he decides to "get 'er done".

 So he has Riley and Baxter outside, but Baxter keeps barking so he put Baxter inside not to disturb the neighbors. He climbs on the roof and starts scraping and blowing and clomping around up there. Bear in mind that everything is coming down the chimney into the fireplace in the living room. So he gets finished and comes inside to find about four piles of crap in different areas of the living room! Baxter has not had an accident in the house once since we've had him, and I know that if he were just doing his business inside it would be one pile, not three or four in different places! My husband was not happy and he scolded Baxter. When I heard the story I told him "You literally scared the crap out of him!" He was probably doing just fine and then it sounded like the devil and all his minions were coming down the chimney for him! And there was no one there to tell him it was okay. I felt so bad for Baxter, and I think once my husband thought about it he realized it probably did terrify him. Anyway, lesson learned on our part!

 I've got a cute birthday card to share with you today. This one uses one of Cheryl Alger's images called Birthday Balloon Girl.  I love Cheryl's images and the way she has ladybugs in so many of them.  It reminds me of a comic strip I used to read and the artist would always hide his wife's nick name in his drawings - I loved looking for it!  



I colored the image with copic markers and then chalked the sky and grass and then added some stamped grass sprigs.  The sentiment was computer generated.  Look!  I even used my sewing machine and did some stitching on the background!  A couple of rain dots on the flags added a little interest.

Have a great day, and TGIF!

8 comments:

Suzy said...

Oh no!!! Poor pup!!! My older pup (about 9 years old) who has never done anything bad or wrong in her whole life completely destroyed her [$50] orthopedic fancy bed that she's had for two years. Totally random and out of the blue......I can only imagine what set her off to do that!!! She must have been really upset about something!! Anyways, super cute card!! I love it!! The stitching really adds another layer that I just love!

Linda W. said...

Oh I hope this doesn't mean back to square 1 with Baxter, Holly. I feel so bad for everyone - dogs have a very heightened sense of sound and awareness. BTW I love that card and CA's digi!

Shawna said...

Poor Bax!!! Give 'em both big hugs for me. Love the stitching on your cute little card!!!

Tammy said...

Oh dear, poor poor Baxter! You better get a letter in the mail straight away to Santa Claus and tell him to be sure to use the front door Christmas Eve!
Cute, cute card and wonderful colors! Love your coloring, just perfect!

Sharon Jones said...

Aw, I bet that's exactly what was wrong with him, poor baby!
Holly, I am so loving your beautiful pinks and greens in your card!! You did a fantastic job of sewing on it! I haven't even gotten the nerve to try that yet...!
Thanks for your sweet love on my blog.
Hugz2u!

Loster said...

I love your card - and how you coordinated her dress and balloons with the background papers. One question however... who cleaned up after Baxter? Poor baby. It's a good thing they learn to love us unconditionally.

Anonymous said...

I've read some good stuff here. Definitely worth bookmarking for revisiting.

bumblebee creations said...

awwhhh... poor Baxter!
Love your card, and can't believe that it has been so long since I have stopped by--love your last few cards too--specially the Santa one!