Thursday, November 29, 2012

Birthday Blooms

Hi everyone! How about a little break from Christmas cards today? I've got a birthday card to share!



This is an image from Cheryl Alger called Avery's May Flowers.   I think she is just so cute.  I colored her with copic markers and chalked the grass and sky.  The sentiment was computer generated.   The little rain dots on the top left corner are purple, but they look black in the photo.

I'm still doing some Christmas shopping and am trying to come up with gift ideas for my boss's kids.  I'd sure appreciate any suggestions!  There is a 12 year old girl, a 10 year old boy, and a 6 year old girl.  I know the oldest girl loves to read so I may just get her a gift certificate to Books a Million or something.  Having something to open and actually have right then and there is so much better than a gift card though for a child, don't you think?

This weekend Squigglefly will be releasing their December images.  There will be a new artist making her debut - Elizabeta Kushner!  I'm excited to have her join Squigglefly and I know you will love her artwork as much as I do.  I really can't wait for you to see all of the images that are coming next month!  Gosh - next month is only two days away!


6 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

Oh, she is cute. You have colored her beautifully and I love the paper you chose to use with her.

Tammy said...

Sweet card Holly and I love the background papers you used. No thoughts on gifts except for a hook pillow kit.

Linda W. said...

No ideas here for sure - I do money! Big cop out I know - but with 11 grandkids now - may as well let them do the shopping. I love your card - I love all of Cheryl's images! They are so sweet - and I love your dp and bg papers too!

bumblebee creations said...

so so sweet-and your papers are perfect!! Love this image and you have colored her beautifully!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, this is adorable! You do beautiful work. It is nice to see something other than Christmas cards this time of year, though I do love the Christmas cards. Thankfully I don't have kids that age to buy for, but I think they do like gift certificates because they love to go shopping. Maybe just a little something to go with the gift certificate. Bracelets or hair accessories or lip gloss for the girls, maybe. Boys stump me. I'm drawing a blank.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
This is so very cute - perfect coloring and pretty DP. I vote on gift cards for all of them - with some little doo dad for them - if the girls have long hair - barettes or pony tail scrunchies. It seemed last year that Walmart had miniature sets of Legos too. Just some thoughts.