Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Featured Snowman

Hi everyone! Here's another card I made over the weekend. this was for the Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers. You can see the card I chose to CASE HERE.



My snowman is one drawn by Fawn Palmer and is called Snowman Bird. I love his little jester hat! I used blues in this like in the card I was CASING and some similar designer paper. I embossed the whole background with a snowflakes embossing folder.   The top of the card is wrapped with some iridescent thread and tied and I topped it off with a quilled snowflake.  

I had to stop myself from chalking in blue sky and adding glitter on the snow or a jewel to the snowflake, but I liked the card I chose to CASE enough that I didn't want to change it much by doing that.  

Speaking of snowflakes - you know I've quilled some and I've crocheted some.  Well I've recently been learning how to needle tat and plan to make a tatted snowflake once I have  reading the patterns down!   Tatting itself isn't that hard, but understanding the patterns is a different story!  Any of you tat?  The shuttle tatting looks too complicated, but the needle tatting is pretty easy to learn and I think anyone that can crochet would feel comfortable doing it.

Hope your day is wonderful!  Thanks for looking!

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Cute card and I love the quilled snowflake! Yes, I've shuttled tatted and no, can't figure it out!

bumblebee creations said...

the card is gorgeous--as is the snowflake!!! I have to learn how to do that!!

Anonymous said...

How cute is that, I just Love it !
Cute image, what great colors and the design and layout makes it perfect !

Lillian

Loster said...

Adorable card, and a great description of how it was made, but I'm curious... did you emboss two pages for the background to get the center section? Just curious.

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute, Holly. I love the jester hat.

Linda W. said...

Just beautiful Holly! I love that card and all you've done on it.

I also quill, crochet and in the past have tatted. My daughter tats consistently and just does beautiful work. I have a tatted snowflake of hers on my Christmas tree from many years past!

Cheryl said...

So cute! I love the snowflake.


Fawn Palmer said...

What a beautiful card Holly! I love the blue! And that snowflake is adorable! The embossed paper on the background is lovely! I guess I need to learn how to do that. Beautiful!

Linda said...

A gorgeous card and loving the embossed snowflakes. The snowman is fabulous too.

Hugs
Linda xxxx
http://lindasimpsoncraftypieceofheaven.blogspot.com