Friday, November 23, 2012

Frosty Days

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving yesterday. If you're one of those Black Friday shoppers I wish you great deals! I will not be out fighting the crowds this year. The only excursion I have planned is to my best friend's house for some girl talk.

 Yesterday there was a fun challenge at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge. the theme is Snow, Frost, and Glitter. I made this card using the new Winter Clothes image by
Fawn Palmer. It comes with the sentiment too.



I colored this with Copic markers and the splattered some white gesso on to make it look more snowy. The snow at the bottom is some Snow Tex. I had fun with the fluffy pom pom on his hat! I love the way it looks. Then I used my tatted snowflake in the corner. I stiffened the snowflake with a mixture of glue and water and sprinkled glitter on it while it was drying. I added the red button in the middle to hide where I forgot to join the picots.

 This was a fun card to make! I'm also entering it in Through the Craftroom Door's Anything Goes challenge!

 Can you stand another short video of Riley and Baxter? They have this game they play sometimes where they just lie on their sides and growl and bite at each other's mouths. It's funny to watch, and for some reason it always makes Riley sneeze a lot. Riley can get really loud too! Anyway, I was able to capture a little of it.  In this particular game Baxter wasn't into it as much so he's not on his side.  when he's getting into the game he gets on his side like Riley is.  Also, if you look at Baxter's front paws you can see how his little nail and toe pad are turned up on the sides.  I don't know if this is a little quirk with him or if all shelties have this.
  If you can't see the video on my blog, you can watch it at You Tube HERE.

7 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh goodness your card is adorable, love the pompom hat and the snowflake is absolutely beautiful! Fun video, Riley enjoys sneezing.

Scrappy Scatty said...

love this card that hat is amazing xx

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, love the pom pom. I also liked seeing the dogs play. Have a good day.

sassy said...

hiya....wow just loving this so sipmply beautiful and superb and snuggly warm card ..hugs sassyxxxxx

Linda W. said...

Luved the vid Holly! Your card totally rocks and your tatting is just gorgeous! You didn't need to tell us about the center of the snowflake because I think the button is just perfect on there! I have to get some of this Gesso now! Have a great weekend.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
I love, love your Riley and Baxter videos - they just make me laugh!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Super cute card (love the pompom)! And the video is hilarious! Jo4Him