Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Getting In The Christmas Groove

Hi everyone! I totally forgot to post anything yesterday! I definitely had a card ready to share, but actually blogging about it skipped my mind. To make up for it, I'm posting TWO cards today!

 This first one used Deena Perreault's darling little image called Snow Globe With Snowman. Don't you just love his sweet little face?




The background was embossed with a snowflake embossing folder, and then I sponged some blue ink around the edges.  I then took some scrap card stock that had snowflakes punched out of it and used that as a stencil to sponge some blue snowflakes on top of the embossed ones.

The snow globe image was colored with Copic markers.  I used glitter for the snowflakes and for the snow in the bottom of the globe.  Then I drizzled crystal lacquer over the globe to make it appear more like a real globe.  Once it dried I cut it out and attached it to the card.

The sentiment was computer generated and has a little punched snowflake with a jewel center stuck to it. I also punched a larger snowflake to attach to the ribbon.  Both of the punched snowflakes have glitter on them too, but it's hard to see in the photo.

Here's a close up of the globe to help you see the effect of the crystal lacquer a little better.  I just love the little sprigs of hair on this snowman!



My next card uses Caroling Shy Bear by Lynne Stansbery.  It's colored with Copic markers and chalk.  I then splattered some white gesso on it for a snowfall.  I think I need a little more practice with my splattering technique!  There is white flocking on his hat.  

 

I dressed the card up with a quilled snowflake, a border punch, and pearls.  I'm definitely in the groove with making Christmas cards now!  I think I've got a little over 20 made so far!

Don't forget about Squigglefly's challenge!   It's an easy one - use glitter and bling!   You're probably making some glittery and blingy cards for Christmas anyway, so why not enter?

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Both card are absolutely adorable! Love how you made the snow globe look so real and the shy bear is so perfect caroling in the snow! Great cards!

sassy said...

wow fabulous cards ..love the cute images ...just too cute and your papers choices with the embossing are excellent hugs sassyxxxx

bumblebee creations said...

oh my goodness they are gorgeous! Love them both- the snow globe looks real! WOW!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Cute cards, I love the snowman of Deena's, I had that before the lightening hit the puter and it was one of my favorite snowmen. So easy to work with. I like what you had done with Shy Bear, great coloring, Quilling and the splattered gesso.