Monday, November 19, 2012

I Got the Bird!

Hi and happy Monday! this has got to be a good week, because it's such a short one! I am really looking forward to a three day work week and a four day weekend!

 Today's card is a silly one I made for the Outlawz Clean and Simple challenge yesterday. Their theme was "Birds", but they were really thinking along the lines of Thanksgiving turkeys! My card is pretty far off of that theme, but I was in the mood for making something silly and fun.



This image is from Squigglefy and is one drawn by artist Lynne Stansbery. The name of the image is Somebody Gave Me The Bird, and I computer generated my sentiment which was totally given to me by the name of the image!

My printer is messing up and only printing the lower portion of the letters really faintly.  I had to fill in the letters with a black pen, but it still looks off.  The inside of the card says "Giving You The Bird!"

The image was colored with Copic markers and I colored some white card stock in the same blue I used for her shirt and then die cut a rick rack out of it.  Using the die also lets me enter this card into the Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge which has the challenge of using punches or dies!  I love entering challenges, and it's extra fun when I make one card for more than one!

Speaking of challenges, today there is a brand new one on Squigglefly's blog!  go take a look and consider playing along with us!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Ha-ha, super fun card and perfect sentiment! Love the pretty color combo you used and great coloring!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is so cute, love that sentiment. If that is the case, I should have a whole cage of birds. :) I love your humor.

cat said...

your humor is as fabulous as alwsys. love it
CAT s.

cat said...

love it Holly.
Glad to see that your humor is still up to par. PARTY that is.

CAT s.