Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Late For Supper

Hi everyone! One thing my dad used to say a lot as I was growing up was "Call me anything, but don't call me late for supper!" You may wonder what that has to do with anything, but I'm posting a card I made for last week's Squigglefly challenge and never posted! Since the card features a bowl of soup, it made me think of being late for supper which in turn made me think of my dad.

 The challenge was to use an older image, and I used Get Well Soup which was drawn by Rich Davis. I know with this cooler weather and the leaves falling that I will be in need of a few get well cards!

 

I colored the image with Copic markers and then traced the heart steam with some iridescent medium for a little shine.

Now for something totally off topic I have another video of Baxter and Riley.  They love to team up against me and pull on a stuffed cat we have.  I love hearing Baxter's soft little growl as he tries to get into the spirit of the game.  Riley is the one that sounds so vicious!  There's lots of shaking in this video since I'm holding the camera and also playing tug with them, but it's fun to watch if you like dogs!

If you can't see the video on my blog, you can view it at You Tube HERE.



Wishing you all a wonderful and blessed Thanksgiving!

5 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very cute get well card. I love the alphabet soup. Looks like Baxter is keeping up with Riley pretty well now. How fun to see them play.

*Vicki* said...

Darling layout on your card!! You never know when you need one of these!! :) Love it! Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*

Tammy said...

Super cute card and great colors and coloring! Watched the video and my girls are looking at me as if I'm growling! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Loster said...

What a cute way to wish someone well. I love the color combinations. TFS.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly - adorable card and another fun Riley and Baxter video. They are two characters!!