Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Long Birthday Wish

Hi all!  This is a card I made for the Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers.  I loved the original card in Jen's gallery seen HERE and CASED it very closely.  My flowers are cropped from the Squigglefly image Dogwood Delight by artist Lynne Stansbery.  


I colored the flowers with Copic markers and added a little bit of yellow stickles in the centers.  Then I cropped the images into squares with Spellbinder dies and turned the dies this way and that so the flowers were in different areas of the square.   The sentiment was computer generated.  I used a slot punch to let me thread the ribbon through.  I really like the way this turned out.  I don't make cards this size too often and it was fun doing something a bit out of the norm.

Last night Brock and I went to see my boss's youngest daughter play in her last soccer game of the year.  It was fun watching the little ones give it their all.  Unfortunately it started to hail and rain half way through and they called the game.  

Don't forget to get out and vote if you haven't already!  I for one hope that we have a new president tomorrow!

8 comments:

Tammy said...

Wonderful birthday card! Love the gorgeous pinks you used.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

very pretty. forgot just how pretty a long card can be!

yep. cold here tho it has warmed up to 34 since my post. whoopee - LOL.

hugs :)

Niki said...

Lovely card, I may be casing it soon!

Thanks for sharing.

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Holly!! This is so gorgeous!! Love those flowers!! :)

zetk@ said...

Thank U very much Holly for your comments and visits!

bumblebee creations said...

this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE this card - so very pretty!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how pretty Holly!! I just love your long card with the tree flower panels!!
hugs,
Chris

Fawn Palmer said...

What a beautiful card! I love how you used the image this way! And all the pinks are so sweet! Adorable!