Friday, November 9, 2012

My Crappy Card

TGIF everyone! This past Tuesday was Mothermark's Teaparty at Splitcoast Stampers and while I love participating in all of them, this was a special one because it is for the father of Squigglefly design team member Charlene Mitchell. Charlene's father recently underwent a surgery and has a lengthy recovery ahead of him. Charlene asked for masculine cards and said her dad does have a sense of humor. I hope that's true or my card will be a giant flop!



I used A Tidy One Holer, an image from Squigglefly by artist Lynne Stansbery. The sentiment was computer generated of course. I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky.  I thought the weathered wood paper was perfect for the image.

Work has been pretty slow the last couple of days, and when I left yesterday there wasn't anything on the board for today so I plan on seeing if I can take half a day vacation this afternoon. My husband and I plan on taking the dogs out to the dog park and then for a walk in the woods enjoying the last of the beautiful Autumn trees. After that I may get my grocery shopping done and get a head start on the weekend chores which will leave me more play time!

 I hope you have a great Friday, and thanks for looking!

5 comments:

Tammy said...

Love, love your card Holly! The sentiment is perfect and the woodgrain background is fabulous! Hope you can take a little time off and enjoy the day!

bumblebee creations said...

hope that works out-getting half the day off--how fun!! Love your card-that image is perfect for your sentiment! I LOVE that background paper--where did you find it?

Judy said...

Oh my, now I just love this!!

:)
Judy

Carol said...

This is so neat!!!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Thanks so much for playing along in this challenge Holly! My dad will love this. I don't know which cards he has rec'd yet but will likely talk to him tomorrow. My parents are loving the cards and the beautiful sentiments that are included! Thanks for sending a funny one. This is fantastic and I love that weathered background!