Thursday, November 8, 2012

OH NO!

Hi everyone! I took a little break from posting on my blog yesterday so I could go comment on a few other blogs myself! There have been so many wonderful Christmas cards posted on blogs the past few days! Now that this election is over and we've got some nice cool weather, I'm starting to feel the Christmas spirit a bit myself!

 I want to remind you that there's still time to play in Squigglefly's blog challenge. Holley has an easy one this week! The theme is ribbon or bows, and you don't even have to use real ribbon, the ribbon or bows could be in your image! Even if you don't play you should go see the wonderful cards the Hobbyests have done - they are such a creative bunch!

 Well, you'd expect me to have a Christmas card or a card with ribbons and bows after all of that, but I don't. I do have a belated birthday card! I have been so behind on my birthday card making that I know I'll be needing one of these in the near future! I used the ever so wonderful Oh My Gosh! image that is a brand spankin' new one from Lynne Stansbery. I just adore it.


I colored the image with Copic markers and computer generated the sentiment.  The rest was as simple as using some fun designer papers and adding an orange rain dot!  I think the expression on this guys face is wonderful and will make whomever gets this forgive me for being late with their birthday card.  The image would be great for a congratulations type card too I think - something like "oh my gosh, you did so great!"  or an anniversary card with something like "I can't believe you've been married so many years!"  There are a lot of things I can think of for this image so I suspect it will be cropping up in future blog posts.

I hope you have a really great day, and thanks so much for taking time to stop by today!

6 comments:

Tammy said...

Absolutely fantastic! The look on this young lad's face is absolutely priceless! Great coloring!

Loster said...

Great card - I should be making cards like this by the dozen because I always think of people on their birthday but I'm bad at getting their cards in the mail on time. I especially like how you colored the eyes and the folds in the shirt.

Linda W. said...

I colored up this image 2 nites ago for posting this month; he is so hilarious to just color - can you imagine what it is to receive the card? Loster is right - we need several of these on hand!!! Beautiful work of art Holly!

Marianne said...

Hi There!
Your card is hilarious and I love the coloring you've done on it. That's something that I don't have very much experience with but plan to give it a shot. I'm new at The Outlawz and I'm your latest follower.

Marianne

cardsbymarianne.blogspot.ca

Suzy said...

You just always blow my away with your "coloring" skills!!! You are such an artist!

Carol said...

LOVE IT!!!!!