Monday, November 5, 2012

Simple Wish

Hi everyone! I hope you had a good weekend. My weekend went really well. I got a lot of card crafting time in but much of it is stuff I can't share with you yet. Yes,that means there is something exciting looming n the future for you all!

 One thing I can share with you is the card I made for the Clean and Simple challenge at the Outlawz challenge yesterday. The theme is wish bone, and you were to make a card featuring something you would wish upon. This  was a quick card to make!  I first thought a birthday candle would be a great image to use, but then I saw the Make A Wish image drawn by Lynne Stansbery and knew it was perfect.




I colored the image with copic markers and added alittle bit of glitter to the dandelion.  The sentiment is one I love, also from Squigglefly and by artist Jess Holland.  I printed it out directly onto the designer paper.  I clipped the corners of the image and added some little pearls. That's pretty much it!

I went and voted on Saturday.  It took me about an hour.  The line was long enough that I thought if I waited until Tuesday there might not be anyone at my polling place!  It's good to see people caring enough about the country to get out and vote.

Saturday the weather was really warm and it was quite muggy and lots of bugs about.  Late in the afternoon a cold front moved in and left us with wonderful weather Sunday morning!  I got my cooking for the week done yesterday morning. I have found that if I warn Baxter a noise is coming and call him to me, he will relax a bit and not bark at the sound.  I did that through 3 can openings yesterday!

He is finished with his antibiotics and his special medicated bathes.  His skin condition is all cleared up and his coat has filled in the bald places.  He's gained about 7 pounds since we've had him, and he is really looking quite handsome!

There's a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog today.  I hope you will go take a peek at what Holley's group has done, and play along if you have the time!




3 comments:

Tammy said...

Precious card and of course, perfectly colored! Glad to know Baxter's skin problem is gone.

Stef H (Glitterbabe) said...

what a darling card! love the glitter.

yeah, i'm always organizing. you should see my closet - clothes by color with hangars to match. shoot me now! LOL.

hope u r well. good to see you tho i do peek in on u every now & then.

big hugs, my friend.

wannabcre8tive said...

That image is just adorable. Your coloring is great and I love the font used on the sentiment.