Saturday, November 17, 2012

To Tat or not to Tat?

Okay, I thought I'd show you a couple of the things I've tatted while practicing.  At first I just practiced making rings and chains.  Then I decided to tackle a flower pendant.  I followed this video.  Here are my two flower pendants.


I think with a little jewel in the center they would be cute on cards.  Then I decided to try my hand at a snowflake.  Several starts were thrown in the trash!  here is one I was doing pretty well on, but I had to stop half way through and when I picked it back up I guess I forgot where I was in the pattern and didn't pick it up in the right place!



So I tried again.  This time went a little better, but I still have some chains twisted and I forgot to join the last picot.


So, while I still have a ways to go I am slowly getting the hang of it.

As long as I'm sharing, I thought I'd show you a picture I took of Baxter today too.  Doesn't he look handsome?



4 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, Baxter is one handsome boy! How lucky you are to have him and how lucky he is to have found you! Good luck with the tatting, looks good so far but I'll take the easy way out and use a punch!

Leslie G. said...

What a gorgeous dog. He appears to be regal....and what king of the house would not have such a great face. I could just hug his neck!

Linda W. said...

Love your tatting dear - and Baxter is just beautiful!

Sharon Jones said...

Tatting looks a bit too complicated for me...LOL! Great job goin' for ya!
Baxter is just the sweetest! Absolutely the most handsome little guy!! Hugz2u and Baxter!