Monday, November 12, 2012

Totally Devoted

Hi everyone! I hope you had a great weekend. Mine was really great. It started off with a half day off on Friday. Brock and I loaded the dogs up and went out to the park to enjoy the last beauty of the Autumn trees. I think last weekend is when the pretty colors really peaked, but there was still lots for us to see. Here's a view from my driveway looking towards our street.  The photos just don't do the colors justice!



Here's the dog park - as you can see we had it ourselves.  the dogs had a good time smelling all of the smells of previous dogs, and we all just enjoyed being outdoors.



After leaving the dog park, we drove to another area of the park to walk a favorite path through the woods. This was Baxter's first time to walk this path, and he did really well and enjoyed it.  He doesn't pull the leash and try to get us to let him into the woods like Riley does.  It sure makes walking him easy!


I got a lot of crafting time in this weekend too.  One of the cards I made was for the Saturday Paper Ala Mode challenge at the Outlawz.  The theme is make a card that depicts something you are thankful for.  After such an enjoyable Friday afternoon off, I was thankful for my two dogs!


This image is from Squigglefly and is called Devotion.  It comes with the sentiment seen here as well as one other.  The artist of this image is Lynne Stansbery.  She has another image similar to this with a boy called
I Love You Ole Pal.  I think they are both just precious images.

I colored this with copic markers and chalked a little yellow around the background.  I chalked the sentiment too and then edged it with some brown ink.  The little dog paw brad is a gift from a friend that I've had for a while and I thought it perfect to use on this.

Today is a new challenge on the Squigglefly blog!  I hope you'll play along with us this week.  If you use a Squigglefly image you can win your choice of any of the thousands of images in the store - even sets!  If you don't have a Squigglefly image, there are lots of freebies to pick from!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Sounds like a wonderful adventure for you and the dogs! Your card is just beautiful Holly! The image is wonderful and your coloring of it is perfect!

wannabcre8tive said...

Thanks for the pictures, the leaves are beautiful. Ours are all falling in the yard and are not so pretty anymore, just work. :)

Your card is cute, you have colored this image beautifully. You know I am so in love with this image. It is so sweet.