Friday, November 30, 2012

Winter Is A Hoot

Hi and Happy Friday! . It's so hard to believe that November is over and tomorrow begins the last month of the year. Our weather has been nice. I think this is the longest Fall like weather we've had. Usually we go from Summer with a week of Fall and then we have Winter. I do love Winter, but Fall is right up there a close second! I know so many people who hate winter and when I made the card I'm sharing today I thought of them.



This grumpy owl is one that will be in the Squigglefly store tomorrow and it was drawn (as a special request from me!) by Fawn Palmer. He is called A Winter Owl Too  and he comes with the sentiment!    To me he doesn't appear to be too happy with the snow that's piling up around him.

I colored him with Copic markers and chalked the sky and then I used white gesso for the snowflakes.  This time I dotted the snow drops instead of splattering it and I like the look of this much better.  the snow that has piled on the hat, tree branch, and owl are Snow Tex.  I took a slight guilty pleasure piling it up on him!  LOL!  I also used the gesso to dot the circles.  The punched snowflakes are glittered just to add sparkle.

I'm entering this in Outlawz Twisted Thursday challenge where the theme is Winter Friends.

Be sure to visit Squigglefly tomorrow to see all of the new images!   Also, there's still time to play in the challenge at Squigglefly's blog - wouldn't it be great to win and have your pick of the new images?

5 comments:

Scrappy Scatty said...

love your card
this is such a delightful little fella and the sentiment is great too Love Jan
xx

Tammy said...

Absolutely adorable! Such a fun image and great background! I love the gesso snowflakes!!

Niki said...

Love it!

Linda W. said...

The sweetest hoot in the tree!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
So, so cute - he just makes me smile! Your card is adorable and wonderful - love the gessoed snowflakes!