Wednesday, December 12, 2012

A Couple Of Divas

Hi everyone. Well Brock's colonoscopy went fine. He didn't have any polyps. the bad thing is that they were running way behind and I was unable to make my dentist appointment. It's a good thing my broken tooth isn't hurting me! After we got home from his procedure, he rested a bit and then we took the dogs out to the park for a little outing.

 Riley of course is all about the woods and hunting up things. Baxter is a little more refined and likes to stick to the path. So Riley runs in the woods, but keeps pace with us on the path. We got to the dividing line in the woods where there is a path that leads you deeper in the woods and a path that leads you out. Brock said he'd stay with Riley a little further in the woods and meet Baxter and me at the truck. Baxter and I took off to walk around the covered bridge, around a pond, and just up a little ways of another wooded path. Then we headed back to the truck to find Brock frantically washing Riley.

 It seems she had encountered a skunk, and even though she's been skunked two other times she hasn't learned her lesson! The smell was atrocious! Baxter's reaction was so funny! We used our emergency skunk kit we had in the truck for just such an occasion. If you are ever in need it's hydrogen peroxide, baby shampoo, and baking soda. Mix with water and rub in. Let sit five minutes and rinse. Anyway, we got her cleaned up as best we could and then we all loaded up in the truck. Baxter and I held our noses out the window all the way home!

 Once home, I carried Riley to the tub and gave her a thorough washing. Then the tub had to be scrubbed and we had two loads of laundry to do. Brock still has his shirt, his pants, and a towel out on the porch airing before we wash them separately or burn them! Riley didn't look too happy after her bath and I secretly was hoping she was miserable enough to make her think twice before attempting to get a skunk again!

 Okay, I know you came here to see a card, so here's one I made for the Queen For A Day at Splitcoast Stampers. Here is the card I CASED. and here is my card



The image I used is an older one from Squigglefly called Madison and Popples.  I colored it with copic markers.  It's pretty easy to see that I did little else.  Just added some designer paper and a ribbon.

Well, I'm off to work to play catch up on the stuff I missed out on yesterday!  I wish you all a fabulous day!


5 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh goodness, what a way to spend the day, colonoscopy followed by skunk! The bad news is that Riley could care less what a skunk does! Wonderful card, love anything with a puppy!

wannabcre8tive said...

So cute, I love this image and you have done a great job coloring it.
I have always worried about skunks spraying the dogs, but so far I haven't had it happen. Glad you had the emergency kit.

*Vicki* said...

Such a darling creation Holly!! Love your coloring on this!! Poor Riley!! LOL!! You are always in an adventure with him!! Thanks for sharing!! Have a happy day! Smiles and Hugs - *Vicki*
*My Blog* - Stamp Smiles
*My Blogaversary BLOG CANDY!*
*My December “All Heart” BLOG CANDY!*
Help me reach 1000 followers for another BLOG CANDY GIVEAWAY!

Reflections from Granny said...

Very cute card, sorry about Riley and the skunk encounter. One thing I always dread will happen , but thank you for the shampoo recipe.

Hugs, Lori m

Judy said...

Oh.. poor puppy.. Loved the story, and then when I seen the card, I just had to giggle : )

xo
Judy