Monday, December 10, 2012

Cool Couple

Hi everyone! I hope you had a good weekend. Mine was great - just passed by too quickly. I swear, this whole month is passing by too quickly! I planned on getting a lot of Christmas cards made this weekend, but I didn't even get one made!

 I did make a couple of cards, but they were not Christmas cards. Here is one I made using Baby It's Cold Outside by Fawn Palmer




I colored the image with Copic markers and chalked the sky.  I used faux flower soft for the snow and hat trim.  The sentiment was computer generated, although the image comes with two really cute sentiments!

I made this for the Paper ala Mode challenge at the Outlawz where we are to make something with Snow People,  Jackson's Digital Expressons challenge which was Anything Goes - just use a digi, and 4 Crafty Chicks Challenge where it's snowing men (snowmen).  this card is also for the new Squigglefly challenge which begins today - use red and green!  I hope you'll play with us too!  Squigglefly will only have one more challenge this year.  We will be giving the design team a break until after the new year.

12 comments:

Sharon Jones said...

Your card is perfect, Holly! I've always love your colouring and layouts.
Thank you for the privilege of playing with all of you at Squigglefly and I will come back at times to play again!
Hugz2u always,
Sharon

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

So adorable and perfect for that december couple! What a great idea. Cheers, Holley

wannabcre8tive said...

Very cute, I love this sweet little snow people couple.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
so very cute and what an awesome sentiment for this image. Your coloring is wonderful - as always! I love the flower soft - it gives such a real look!

acreativeneed said...

Very cute card, Holly! A sweet Holiday couple!
Smiles,Deena

Linda W. said...

Beautiful card Holly - you just reminded me I don't have a card for my hubbie for our anniversary on Sat. We will have been married 22 years - I think something with snow people will be perfect - IT'S COLD OUTSIDE - I love your coloring and the faux snow!

Tamie said...

Love the glimmer paper and oh the snowmen are just amazing! Truly love the image. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at 4 Crafty Chicks. Wonderful inspiration.

Pat said...

Baby it's cold outside and this couple ir reaDY!! Great card!

Tammy said...

Absolutely precious Holly! Love the stripped paper you used and as always, your coloring is perfect! Great snow too!

snelson said...

Now that's a cool idea for an Anniersary card. That is too cute!

Shawna said...

Love this card! Love the faux flower soft and the candy-stripped, glittery background. Nice!

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our snowman challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, great job!