Sunday, December 2, 2012

Guest Designing at Outlawz

Hi everyone! I am honored that I was asked to be a guest designer for the Outlawz Clean and Simple challenges during the month of December, and today is the first challenge!

 The theme of the challenge is "Season of Light Challenge" - It's coming up on the holiday season once again, and everywhere we look there are lights shining. This is an easy CAS challenge for you to let your light shine. Create a card showing something that shines. It can be a background or an image (your eyes) - let your light shine.

 I chose to use this Christmas Candle by Lynne Stansbery as the main image, and the sentiment is from Stampin Up!



 I colored the image with Copic markers and used chalk for the candle's glow.  I also added some yellow stickles to the flame.  Staying with the clean and simple challenge all I did was add a red ribbon to finish it off!  I hope you'll play along in the challenge too!  Also, today is the last day to play in Squigglefly's glitter and bling challenge!

Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

Judy said...

Hey Holly,

What a beautiful card, and WTG on being a guest designer at The Outlawz.

xo
Judy

Sharon Jones said...

Congratulations, Holly! I really adore your CAS card! That image is beautiful!

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card and I loved the glitter on the candle. Great coloring. Congrats for being guest designer for the Outlawz.

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful card holly! Looks like you used velvet ribbon--humm reminds me I need to use some of mine up!! TFS, Carolyn

Tammy said...

Just beautiful Holly and big congratulations for guest designing at Outlawz Clean and Simple Challenges! You will be fantastic!

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Woo hoo - you go girl! Your card is a beautiful CAS Christmas card! I love the sparklies on the flame!!