Saturday, December 1, 2012

New Month, New Images, New Artist!

Hi everyone - happy weekend! I slept in rather late this morning so that is why you are seeing this in your mail or google reader so late! I didn't want the day to pass without posting though because today is the new release at Squigglefly! Not only are there some wonderful new images, but we are introducing Elizabeta Kushner as a new artist!

 My card today features the brand spankin' new Holiday Lamp Post by Lynne Stansbery. The sentiment is included with the image.



I colored this with Copic markers and chalked the sky and glow from the lamps. I wanted it to appear to be night time so I chalked the blue pretty heavily and added a bit of gray to the edges.  Once I had everything colored, I edged the sides with some silver ribbon and mounted it on to a navy card and then splattered the white gesso for a snowy look.

I am entering this into the Outlawz Greeting Card Challenge where the theme is Anything Goes.

I am off to do my errands, but I will be back tomorrow!  Have a great Saturday!

5 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Beautiful and elegant card. This image really is so pretty - and, of course, your coloring is awesome!!

Tammy said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Holly! Love the glow from the lights and touch of snow!

Sharon Jones said...

Totally stunning card, Holly! I love the glowing candles and that sentiment is awesome!

wannabcre8tive said...

This is beautiful. Great job sponging.

Linda W. said...

Awesome card Holly - you captured everything perfectly and I sure love the sprinkle of gesso!