Monday, January 28, 2013

Carpe diem

Hi everyone! Well I know I'm really late for the Squigglefly blog challenge to use inchies in your project, but I did finish this just in the nick of time!


I totally cased this card from one I saw in the Spring 2013 issue of Cardmaker Magazine. I loved the simplicity of it. I used the Big Bloom image from Squigglefly drawn by Jane Beljo. I colored the flowers with Copic markers and computer generated the sentiment. The individual inchies are popped up and I also popped up the white panel on a white card base. It's a simple card to make, but I think it's really cute!    The center of the flowers has some brown liquid applique that I puffed up.

Now there is a brand new challenge at the blog! Hopefully I won't be as late with this one!  I hope you will play along too!

I had a good weekend.  I made my cooking for the week go a little easier by using some meals that I had frozen earlier in the month.  So, I only had to cook a couple of meals!  I went shopping with my best friend on Saturday and had Sunday free to create and play with the puppies.

The weather here is spring like, and I am sorry to say that I have seen the first jonquil bloom.  this means spring isn't far away, and once spring is here summer isn't far behind!  I already miss winter!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

You should come stay with me! Today we started with snow and then sleet and now freezing rain, ugh! Your card definitely brightened my day! Love the gorgeous colors you used!

nwilliams6 said...

What a fun sentiment with this cute image - made me smile. Beautifully done.

I am so ready for flowers and tired of Winter already.

Hugz!

bumblebee creations said...

what a gorgeous card!! love the bold flowers!

Charlene Mitchell said...

Love the way you have used this daisy image on a bunch of your CAS cards . . . just used my points to get the Big Blooms image set!!! Thanks for the inspiration Holly!