Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Lots Of Hearts

Hi everyone! I've got some fun cards to share with you today. Sunday's Featured Stamper challenge at Splitcoast Stampers featured a gallery full of some wonderful cards, but her clean and simple cards were the ones that captured my attention.

 I ended up CASING three of her cards! The first card can be seen HERE.  For my card I changed the color of the image (from Hearts Set One at Squigglefly) before printing.  There is a video that shows you how to do this in Adobe Photoshop HERE.    I added the wording at the same time.  Once it was printed I colored in the little hearts and then went over them with a glue pen and sprinkled on some glitter.  Then it was just a matter of rounding the bottom corners and tying on a ribbon!  (I cut a little slit in the fold to wrap my ribbon around the card.)



The second card I CASED can be seen HERE.  For my card I used the same heart image, but this time I cut it out and stuck it to the card at an angle.  The sentiment was printed on the card stock before doing the embossing.


The last card I chose can be seen HERE.  I made this for the Teaparty challenge at Splitcoast Stampers so I didn't show it until today.  We are making black, white, and one other color valentines to send to Cindy to thank her for all of the wonderful Teaparties she has thrown.  

I really loved the embossed snowfall background on the card, so I mimicked that  by dotting some liquid applique on the card and then puffing it up.  This time I used a different heart from the same set and added a little bit of red.  I stuck some little pearls where the image had little circles.  I thought the pearls went well with the puffed up dots on the background piece.  The background of the photo makes it hard to see that the card base is glossy black and the white piece is layered over that.  


Then yesterday at Splitcoast Stampers they had the Clean and Simple challenge done like the featured stamper challenge.  I found this card that I loved, so I made this


I do love the clean design, but calling this simple is false advertising!  Punching out and gluing all of those hearts took too much time!  The sentiment is a stamp from Michael's dollar bin.

If you are looking for some quick, but still elegant valentines to make this year, the Heart Sets at Squigglefly each have a ton of different hearts - a great value!  All of my cards also fit the Squigglefly Blog Challenge that started yesterday, and also Outlawz Monday Greeting card challenge to use hearts!  I hope you will play along in Squigglefly's challenge this week too.

8 comments:

Kim160 said...

Gorgeous cards, thank you so much for sharing.

Kathy Bradley said...

Holly,
Beautiful cards - all - I love the simplicity of the pretty red heart!

Tammy said...

Wow Holly, each card is fantastic! Amazing how colors change an image!

Judy said...

Goodness..these are fantastic! I can't pick a favorite..they are all so beautifully designed...love them.

xo
Judy

nwilliams6 said...

Wonderful cards Holly - very cool designs and techniques. The first is my fav as it has the most bling - LOL. Great way to knock out some Valentine's cards. Hugz!

bumblebee creations said...

love each one of these--so similar, but yet all so different--and just as gorgeous as the last!

downrightcrafty said...

wonderful all so different and all so fabulous
Hugs Kate xx

Shawna said...

Love using designs in many ways and you did a fabulous job with that adorable heart wreath. I really like the embossed stamped hearts, too!