Monday, January 7, 2013

OCD

Hi everyone! Well, I did lock myself in my room on Sunday, but not for as long as I would have liked so I didn't get as many cards made as I hoped. The weather was beautiful and the dogs kept calling me out to play so I guess it was a good trade off!

 Yesterday's Clean and Simple challenge at the Outlawz was to use something new, and Squigglefly just had a release of brand new images so I was set to play along! I had a hard time choosing just which image to use for the challenge since there are so many fun ones, but I ended up going with this Sweets To The Sweet drawn by artist Lynne Stansbery.



I colored it with Copic markers and chalked some yellow in the background. The cupcake is topped with white liquid applique that I puffed up, and the strawberry is lightly sugared with glitter.  I did a simple straight stitch around the designer paper and added a punched border down the middle.  The sentiment is one that comes with the image, and there's another one as well!

The Squigglefly design team is back at challenges this week, and Rhonda's Rowdy Rascals are back at bat.  We are welcoming two new design team members - Carolyn Cochran and Linda Simpson!  The challenge is to make a thank you card.  I had another thank you card to make and liked the snowman one I made the other day, so I made another one.



I used the same Catching Snow image drawn by Cheryl Alger.  This time I gave him some real buttons!  I stitched on this one too, but as you can see I got a little crooked with it!  I really need to practice with this machine!  I hope you'll play in Squigglefly's challenge too!

12 comments:

LaVerne said...

These are so pretty, Holly. I always love looking at your cards because they are all about the images and not the embellishments.

Linda W. said...

Beautiful cards Holly! I say to myself "Alas, I will never be as good as Holly!" I just adore your work dear!

Becky said...

Both of these are awesome Holly. Awesome coloring on that first one.

Shawna said...

Love the look on that face! And I love what you did with the frosting on the cupcake!

Holley (Tondre) Barnhart said...

OCD!! that's just too funny. I am gonna laugh about that all day now. Great work Holly.

Reflections from Granny said...

Trying again, hope this isn't duplicated. Both are really cute cards, hugs, Lori m

Linda Simpson said...

Fabulous Holly, so loving the OCD sentiment :)

Hugs
Linda xxx

Tammy said...

Super great mix, crafting and dogs! Both cards are fantastic! Love how the cupcake turned out, looks like it needs to be eaten and the sentiment is priceless!

Judy said...

I'm loving these. The OCD is just way to cute!! I have ODD..Obsessive Donut Disorder..rofl, and that snowman..I just love him. GREAT work hun.

xo
Judy

Carolyn Cochran said...

What a perfect image for that sentiment! Love the paper and the coloring is Fab! I'm sooo glad to be here at Squiggle Fly!
Carolyn

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh my gosh, OCD - not so bad if it has sprinkles!! Your card is so very cute - and I love the pretty yellow aura. Your snowman is adorable too - big smiles, Holly!

Sassy Cheryl said...

So, so cute and the little sentiment is super clever. Adorable.