Friday, January 4, 2013

Sitting Pretty

Hi everyone! TGIF! I'm really glad this was a short week. It's nice to ease back to the routine of working every day.

 I am itching to make cards this weekend! It has been too long since I've been in my craft room doing anything besides cleaning and organizing it after all of the holiday card making. My desk is cleared and I have images printed and ready to color!

 Today's card is another one I made a while back, but haven't shared yet. It uses a darling image from Fawn Palmer called Abby Is Sitting Pretty.



I used Copic markers to color her and chalked in the background.  She was cut out with an oval nestabilities die and I embossed it while it was still in the die.  Then I added a scalloped border.  I love the floral paper I used on this - but I think it was my very last scrap.  I added some corner dies at the top.  The little blur on the top left is a smudge I had on my camera, but I had already sent this card off before I realized it so I couldn't take another photo!

Enjoy your day!

5 comments:

Linda W. said...

I love your card and the color combo as well Holly. When I'm down to the last piece of something special, I copy it and print it out when needed til I get to town again at least.

Linda W. said...

Hi Holly

3rd time has to be a charm; have been having trouble leaving a comment for you. Your card is absolutely gorgeous - I too love that bg paper. Maybe you have some left you could copy and reprint as needed? Just a thought.

Reflections from Granny said...

Very pretty card, Happy New Year! Hugs, Lori m

Tammy said...

Awesome! Love the pretty colors and wonderful coordinating papers you used.

Lenoria said...

This card is so pretty! I love this stamp, the girl reminds me of my granddaughter - boots and all!